Reasons Why You Should Not Use FreeBSD
After a few days ago sharing a list of why you should use FreeBSD as said by FreeBSD developers and community members who use the BSD operating system, here's a list of reasons for why not to use FreeBSD or missing functionality.
This list is constructed out of responses from this mailing list thread regarding "Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?"
- Exchange (MAPI) and its groupware functionality missing.
- Telephony (ISDN to SIP gateways, Asterisk etc) missing.
- FreeBSD in the mobile space isn't too good.
- No Gluster file-system support.
- It doesn't yet support the latest graphics drivers (except for the NVIDIA binary driver, but the ATI and Intel drivers for FreeBSD are ages behind).
- The lack of suspend-and-resume for laptops.
- Incomplete ISDN support.
- Broken ports packages.
- It's easier to run Mac OS X than FreeBSD.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week