AMD Catalyst Linux 12.6 Beta Has Arrived
While AMD is changing their Catalyst driver program and there wasn't any Catalyst 12.5 release, there is a public beta of Catalyst 12.6 for Linux.
As Phoronix readers have been discussing for hours already, there's the Catalyst 12.6 driver that can be found at AMD.com.
AMD didn't publicly release a Catalyst 12.6 Beta Linux change-log, but here's some of what you can expect:
- Pre-HD5000 series support removed -- no more HD 2000/3000/4000 series support.
- Application Profile support.
- Fix for flickering of OpenGL applications when using KWin direct rendering.
- Fix for random crashes with GNOME Shell.
- WebGL fixes for Chromium web-browser.
- Fix for screen corruption with GNOME Shell after enabling anti-aliasing.
- A fix for an OpenGL performance regression.
- Better Ubuntu 12.04 support.
- Linux 3.3 kernel support.
- X.Org Server 1.12 support.
- GNOME3 AMDCCCLE support.
- Experimental support for ShadowPrimary.
Plus other Catalyst 12.6 Linux feedback is already being shared in this forum thread.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week