Wine 1.5.13 Has Raw Input, Transparent Window Areas
Wine 1.5.13 was released on Friday afternoon with a few prominent new features.
The official Wine 1.5.13 highlights according to the official notes on WineHQ.org include:
- Client-side window rendering using the DIB engine.
- Raw input support for keyboard and mouse.
- Support for transparent window areas using color keying.
- Proper C++ RTTI support on 64-bit.
- Implementation of logical processor information.
- Support for fonts with localized names.
- Various bug fixes.
The most prominent changes from my perspective for this release is Wine now providing support for raw input with keyboards and mice, transparent window areas, and client-side window rendering with the DIB engine.
For those interested, new releases of Wine continue to be benchmarked on OpenBenchmarking.org.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions