Wine 1.5.13 Has Raw Input, Transparent Window Areas
Wine 1.5.13 was released on Friday afternoon with a few prominent new features.
The official Wine 1.5.13 highlights according to the official notes on WineHQ.org include:
- Client-side window rendering using the DIB engine.
- Raw input support for keyboard and mouse.
- Support for transparent window areas using color keying.
- Proper C++ RTTI support on 64-bit.
- Implementation of logical processor information.
- Support for fonts with localized names.
- Various bug fixes.
The most prominent changes from my perspective for this release is Wine now providing support for raw input with keyboards and mice, transparent window areas, and client-side window rendering with the DIB engine.
For those interested, new releases of Wine continue to be benchmarked on OpenBenchmarking.org.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week