One Week To GStreamer Conf, LinuxCon San Diego
There's several interesting Linux events taking place next week in San Diego, California that will excite many Phoronix readers.
On the 27th and 28th of August in San Diego is the GStreamer Conference 2012, of which Phoronix is a media sponsor. I will be at the event and among the interesting sessions sure to end up being talked about on Phoronix include:
- The GStreamer 1.0 keynote by Wim Taymans of Collabora. Tim-Philipp Müller will also be keynoting a GStreamer status report.
- Kristian Hoegsberg will be at the GStreamer conference to talk about Wayland.
- Fluendo will be talking about the GStreamer SDK.
- GStreamer Android enablement by Collabora.
- TI's Rob Clark will be talking about DMA-BUF and OMAP4+.
- ALSA project status update.
- OpenGL and Mesa will be talked about by Intel's Eric Anholt.
More details for this two-day affair are available from the GStreamer conference page.
LinuxCon North America will then be happening the rest of the week in San Diego. The worthwhile talks there include:
- Mainline Kernel Support for Opportunistic Suspend and Wakelocks
- SLAM: A Mutable Slab Allocator
- LLVM-compiled Linux for the Real World
- Open Compute Project
- Tizen's Graphical Libraries: EFL
- Linux on AArch64, the 64-bit ARM Architecture
- Linux in a UEFI Secure Boot World
Additional information on LinuxCon North American 2012 can be found at events.linuxfoundation.org. Plus there's a few nicely-organized parties next week and great surfing conditions in San Diego to make the week worthwhile.
Also there's a number of other co-located events next week such as the annual Linux Kernel Summit, oVirt Workshop, Linux Security Summit, and Linux Plumbers Conference.
To stay up to date on the latest information, follow Phoronix on Facebook and via Twitter at @Phoronix and @MichaelLarabel. Please also consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium or making a tip to make this coverage possible.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week