Phoronix Test Suite 4.0.1-Suldal Released
A minor update to the multi-platform open-source Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software is now available.
Nearly one month after the release of Phoronix Test Suite 4.0-Suldal, the first (and only planned) point release to the 4.0 series is now available. Phoronix Test Suite 4.0.1 incorporates external dependency updates, minor enhancements, and other fixes for this leading open-source (GPLv3) benchmarking software on Linux, BSD, OS X, Solaris, and limited support for Windows platforms.
Below are the official changes for the Phoronix Test Suite 4.0.1 release that was tagged this morning.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.0.1
21 August 2012
- pts-core: Allow shortened test profile versions inputted by user to be expanded to matching latest version in stream
- pts-core: Allow shortened test suite versions inputted by user to be expanded to matching latest version in stream
- pts-core: Add list-unsupported-tests option for debugging purposes
- pts-core: Add subversion as a PTS External Dependency
- pts-core: Add git as a PTS External Dependency
- pts-core: Add superlu as a PTS External Dependency
- pts-core: Add libtool as a PTS External Dependency
- pts-core: Hash within the result file all of the contained tests
- pts-core: Support for anonymous usage reporting of test installation times to OpenBenchmarking.org
- phodevi: Fix memory RAM DIMM count detection in select configurations
- phodevi: Intel GPU string reporting improvement
- phodevi: Support for detecting multiple GPUs on Apple OS X
- phodevi: Support for detecting Gallium3D XA
- phodevi: Support for llvm-link on LLVM 3.2svn
The latest release of the Phoronix Test Suite software whether it be for facilitating fully-automated testing whether it be performance comparisons, regression testing, or automated bisecting can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
The Phoronix Test Suite client software is freely available while enterprise services continue to be offered, including custom engineering and OpenBenchmarking.org server licensing.
The next major release planned is Phoronix Test Suite 4.2-Randaberg, which is due out in Q4'2012. There's also the Unterschleissheim OS research project being worked on for release in the coming months.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week