Linux Benchmarks This Weekend: Btrfs, VMware, Cloud
Here are some Linux benchmarking results worth exploring this weekend.
For those looking to do some comparative system benchmarking this weekend or are just interested in seeing some new Linux performance data, here's some recent data from OpenBenchmarking.org that was generated via our open-source multi-platform Phoronix Test Suite software.
- This week I delivered new VMware Fusion CPU benchmarks and a VMware Fusion vs. VirtualBox OpenGL comparison while on OpenBenchmarking.org are a whole lot more VMware benchmarks for those interested in Linux virtualization testing.
- Our friends at CloudHarmony have migrated to Phoronix Test Suite 4.0 and are uploading a plethora of public cloud benchmarks on a daily basis. There's benchmarks from many different cloud providers, including Amazon EC2. They also have their Phoronix Test Suite result data categorized on their site.
- The Apple Retina MacBook Pro benchmarks continue to prove to be interesting. Unfortunately, Linux is a lemon on this laptop so for now they're all Apple OS X benchmarks from the Intel Ivy Bridge hardware.
- Btrfs benchmarks continue to be quite common on OpenBenchmarking.org.
- Other recent OpenBenchmarking.org result uploads from the community can be seen via this page.
On Saturday there were also improvements made to OpenBenchmarking.org. Meanwhile, if you have any feature requests or other Linux/open-source benchmarks you would be interested in seeing, submit details here.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions