Phoronix is serving as a media partner for this year's GStreamer conference that is happening in San Diego during the Linux Plumbers' Conference and just prior to this year's LinuxCon. From the 27th to 28th of August there will be talks at the GStreamer conference about, well, GStreamer, but also Mesa OpenGL, ALSA, Opus Audio, etc.
- GStreamer 1.0
- Developing with the GStreamer.com SDK
- Developing hardware based elements with GStreamer 1.0
- V4L development status and plans
- OpenGL and Mesa
- Advanced image analysis, MXF and GStreamer
- GStreamer for Large-Scale Scientific Signal Processing
- The Opus Audio Codec
- Working with GStreamer base classes
- Status update on ALSA development
- GStreamer and Android
It should be an interesting two-day affair followed by LinuxCon 2012, but otherwise the surfing in the area is always fantastic.
More details on the GStreamer Conference is at the FreeDesktop.org site.
Moving then into September, XDS2012 will feature much more exciting Linux graphics talks over in Franconica.
Fun fact: Valve Software was also approached about speaking at the GStreamer Conference in regards to their Linux audio/multimedia experiences, but they declined the invitation.