There's new and updated Phoronix tests available and one final development release of Arendal before going gold in time for Christmas.
As mentioned last week
, Phoronix Test Suite 3.6-Arendal will be officially released this month as the latest quarterly update to our open-source automated testing/benchmarking framework. In particular, the final release is likely to come next week. However, here's the fourth and final milestone release.
While it's the end of the development cycle for Phoronix Test Suite 3.6, there's still some worthwhile changes that I've committed. Among the work that's landed in the past week include a few minor refinements to the CLI output, improved notices when running an out-of-date test profile, support for fetching system logs on cloned results from OpenBenchmarking.org, an openbenchmarking-changes command, and various Phodevi refinements.
The phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-changes
command allows viewing the test profile change-logs for recently updated test profiles without having to visit OpenBenchmarking.org
The Phoronix Device Interface (Phodevi) enhancements include some new GPU fall-back calls, better Debian kFreeBSD/Hurd support, and various other items. There's also GPU voltage monitoring support on capable hardware/drivers.
These changes are on top of what was already delivered with the milestone 1
, milestone 2
, and milestone 3
releases of Arendal.
While not directly tied to the Phoronix Test Suite update, pushed to OpenBenchmarking.org
this week were a number of new/updated test profiles. (Thanks to Intel and the Core i7 3960X Sandy Bridge Extreme.) Tests that have been updated against their latest upstream sources include x264
, TTSIOD Renderer
, Tachyon ray-tracing
, John The Ripper
, LAME MP3
, and Himeno
. There's also a new test profile and that's vpxenc as a Google libvpx VP8 video encoding benchmark
. Thanks to the OpenBenchmarking.org architecture, these new test profiles are immediately available to all PTS3 users and do not explicitly require updating to Phoronix Test Suite 3.6.
Expect the final release of Phoronix Test Suite 3.6 in the coming days. Please try out this latest version and report your feedback while sharing results on OpenBenchmarking.org. Download it at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com
for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, BSD, Hurd, and Windows operating systems.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.6 Milestone 4
8 December 2011
- pts-core: Clean-up some of the test run output in the concise display mode
- pts-core: When uploading a test profile to OpenBenchmarking.org, refresh the repository indexes afterwards
- pts-core: When uploading a test suite to OpenBenchmarking.org, refresh the repository indexes afterwards
- pts-core: Issue a notice when running an out-of-date version of a test profile
- pts-core: When cloning results from OpenBenchmarking.org, also fetch the system logs from OpenBenchmarking.org
- pts-core: Add openbenchmarking-changes command for seeing recently changed test profiles from OpenBenchmarking.org
- phodevi: Fix for latest Catalyst Linux driver reporting odd OpenGL version (GL_VERSION) string
- phodevi: Improve Debian non-Linux OS (kFreeBSD/Hurd) detection
- phodevi: Allow lspci information to be used on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
- phodevi: Fallback for trying to read the Radeon DRM video memory from dmesg
- phodevi: Further fallbacks for DRM video RAM size detection
- phodevi: Add initial GPU voltage sensor
- phodevi: Ensure no available modes are repeated
- pts_Graph: If all result lines are flat (i.e. no change), just convert it to a bar graph