New Milestone For Phoronix Test Suite 3.6-Arendal
The second milestone release for Phoronix Test Suite 3.6 (codenamed "Arendal") is now available. There's improvements to the Phoronix Test Suite core itself along with the Phodevi library and graphing components.
It was almost three weeks ago that 3.6-Arendal Milestone 1 was released, but now a new release is ready for those interested in benchmarking Linux, Solaris, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows platforms.
Improvements I've made since milestone one are listed below and vary throughout the stack of this open-source automated testing framework. The official change-log of major changes since this earlier development release are listed below.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.6-Arendal will officially be released in December of this year.
Among the improvements that are going into OpenBenchmarking.org simultaneously are laid out in this Phoronix posting, among other to-be-announced items.
Download the latest version of the Phoronix Test Suite at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. As always, feedback and feature requests are welcome.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.6 Milestone 2
7 November 2011
- pts-core: When the PHP version in use changes, re-run the recommended/required PHP checks
- pts-core: Improve short SHA1 detection for results tracker
- pts-core: Report notice when no OpenBenchmarking.org repository index is present and fails to fetch
- pts-core: Improve Internet connectivity detection check
- pts-core: When reporting a command error, report the most appropriate command name string
- pts-core: Begin work on custom error handler for generated errors in code itself
- pts-core: Add initial support for internal pts-core warning/notice/error handler
- pts-core: Initialize the network support earlier in the client initialization process
- pts-core: When running a test and saving results, show recently saved test results
- phodevi: When QEMU virtualization is detected, try to report QEMU version to system layer
- phodevi: Support for reporting the XOP, FMA3, and FMA4 instruction sets
- phodevi: Begin merging is_genuine() support from Openbenchmarking.org into respective Phodevi components
- phodevi: Improve Catalyst OpenGL driver detection with soon-to-be-released versions
- phodevi: Improve GNOME version detection when using GNOME3 fall-back mode
- pts_Graph: Allow normalized numbers to appear in the result file table
- pts_Graph: When too many lines are being plotted, auto-convert to scalar
- bilde_renderer: Improve automated color selection/shifting
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions