Mark Shuttleworth just finished his keynote that kicks off the Ubuntu 12.10 Developers Summit
. Here's a few things he said.
Aside from showing off the first Calxeda 192-core server
, here's some of the highlights from his presentation. Overall this UDS presentation by Mark wasn't terribly exciting, but:
- "The past six months have been the most exciting in Ubuntu history."
- Ubuntu TV is coming... Mark/Canonical is not ready to announce yet but the next announcement is when they will be shipping Ubuntu TV in mass.
- "Profound shifts towards quality" with Ubuntu 12.04.
- Put quality at the top in the upstream tree. Automated testing, crowd-sourced testing, etc... Just the usual stuff I've been largely trying to promote for years.
- A desire for an Ubuntu server install to happen in less than one minute, for hyperscale computing.
- Mark Shuttleworth doesn't yet have an Ubuntu Phone in his pocket, but he still wants one. "We will build an Ubuntu experience for mobile platforms."
- Mark uses a Dell XPS notebook as his notebook, at least that's what he's using while walking around UDS-Q.
I'll also be posting less interesting comments/thoughts from UDS-Q to my Twitter feed