The Top Contributors To Wayland
Here's a look at the top contributors to the Wayland Display Server project and the related Weston reference compositor along with some other statistics to reflect its development history.
These statistics on Wayland/Weston were collected by running GitStats on the two Git repositories for Wayland and Weston. The pace of Wayland's development has certainly picked up with Wayland 1.0 approaching and many interesting changes coming out, as reflected by all the recent Phoronix articles. This month has been really busy for Wayland on its quest to supplant the X.Org/X11 Server on the Linux desktop.
Some Wayland (their main Git repository) statistics as of 18 April 2012:
- 1295 days old is the Wayland repository, 322 active days.
- 63 total files for the main Wayland Git repository.
- 10,479 lines of code. In the process of this current line count, 69,322 have been added while 58,843 have been ultimately removed.
- 939 total commits, which averages 2.9 commits per active day or 0.7 per all days.
- 51 authors of Wayland with an average of 18.4 commits per author.
- Top contributors to Wayland: Kristian Høgsberg (710 commits), Benjamin Franzke (32), Tim Wiederhake (22), Pekka Paalanen (20), Peter Hutterer (18), Callum Lowcay (17), and Tiago Vignatti (10).
Some Weston (Wayland's reference compositor; Git repository) statistics as of 18 April 2012:
- 1295 days old is the Weston repository, 402 active days.
- 101 total files for Weston.
- 31,883 lines of code while there's a net of 103,278 lines of code and 71,395 lines of code having been removed.
- 1574 total commits, which averages out to 3.9 commits per active day or 1.2 per day.
- 49 authors of Weston with an average of 32.1 commits per author.
- Most Weston commits happen on Tuesday and Friday.
- So far this year there's been 449 commits while all of 2011 only brought 634 commits and in 2010 there were 248 commits.
- Top contributors to Weston: Kristian Høgsberg (1055 commits), Pekka Paalanen (164), Benjamin Franzke (98), Tiago Vignatti (57), Ander Conselvan de Oliveira (35), Tim Wiederhake (23), Callum Lowcay (17), Scott Moreau (13), and Alex Wu (10).
There's some similar (but older) contributor statistics for the X.Org Server and Mesa.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions