What The New Linux Game Publishing Will Look Like
Clive Crous, the new CEO of Linux Game Publishing following the resignation of founder and CEO Michael Simms, has issued a message to Linux gamers concerning the future of LGP.
The key items brought up in the message by the new Linux Game Publishing CEO are listed below while the message in full can be read via this copy in the forums.
- Michael Simms will still be involved with Linux Game Publishing in an advisory capacity and in porting some titles over to Linux.
- Clive Crous sees strong potential in digital distribution channels (e.g. Desura and Steam) and will be focusing much effort in these digital areas for future LGP-ported titles.
- Linux Game Publishing acknowledges it's had a hard time fulfilling orders of physical CD/DVDs and doing so on-time. Clive expects to change this and to improve the physical CD/DVD ordering process while still focusing upon the digital distribution channels.
- Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy and Bandits: Phoenix Rising games are still being ported... Both of these titles first premiered on Microsoft Windows more than a decade ago and LGP has been "porting" these games to Linux for the past several years. An announcement concerning one of these games is expected soon (I suspect it's that the Bandits port is finally ready to go gold).
- Linux Game Publishing is reported working on some unannounced titles for Linux, similar to what was said one year ago.
- "LGP has a strong team of great programmers, that have stood with Michael and worked with him through the years. Some have been around for a while and we also have some new faces. I am incredibly grateful to our team for the hard work that they have put in, contributing towards what we currently have and will be producing going forward."
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week