Replacing the bi-weekly Wine 1.3 development point release is now the release candidates for Wine 1.4. As of now, Wine is under a code freeze period to ready this major release; it's been nearly two years since Wine 1.2 was released in July of 2010.
As far as what's new since the Wine 1.3.37 release two weeks ago, there is:
- Improved crash dialog with support for saving the backtrace.
- Support for the Back button in built-in Internet Explorer.
- Keyboard accelerators can now be translated through po files.
- A number of installer fixes.
- Many translation updates and tweaks.
- Various bug fixes.
There are the release notes on WineHQ.org for those interested in 1.4-rc1. As said on that page, "Please give this release a good testing to help us make 1.4 as good as possible."
When Wine 1.4 is officially available, CodeWeavers will release CrossOver 11 (along with their CrossOver Games edition).