Some of the many highlights for Git 2.7 include:
- Improved appearance of the gitk UI, particularly for HiDPI.
- The terms around Git bisect have improved to make it less confusing.
- A progress meter is now available on git filter-branch.
- Prep work for a Git on-disk repository change that could break backwards compatibility.
- Git submodule continues to be rewritten in C incrementally.
- Many fixes and other minor improvements.
More details on Git 2.7 can be found via the mailing list announcement.