As always, at the end a few (oh, well, a few more this time)
- pmdata got NV30 dual head working
- Matteo reported Nouveau working on a NV47 and Xv too. He was amazed (and we
were not :)).
- A problem with text font corruption (glyph bitmaps were messed up) was reported
and fixed within two days.
- Nouveau should now be available from the experimental Debian branch.
- GatoLoko reported problems with fonts on NV5x and no YUV2 support on Xv adaptors.
Darktama promised fixes which were committed about 24 hours later. GatoLoko tested
it and confirmed that is was working correctly.
- The TODO Wiki page was
updated by marcheu.
- We have a new gallium-ng branch in git. This is highly experimental, hosting
current memory management work. Please note: This is for developers only. It will
work even less so than the unsupported gallium branch (we are speaking end users
- Moondrake did some code audits after he noticed some Xv overlay brokage. The
culprit was a thinko when darktama reformatted the corresponding source file to
be more readable / understandable.
- Macl0 fixed an issue with "xrandr: cannot find crtc for output VGA-0"
when trying to enable the second monitor. Bugs regarding laptop displays were
reported but not fully resolved until October 30th.
- Marcheu is working on and off on LLVM for NV4 to NV20 cards with optimizations
for NV30. That would allow Nouveau to translate shaders into fixed function stuff (details
- Nouveau still has problems with interlaced modes on digital outputs.
- Ecco report a corruption on PPC64, which went away as soon as the old randr
code path was activated.
- A few PPC bugs were reported and fixed.
Finally, we got some requests whether we would support OS's other
than Linux. The answer still is: We will gladly take patches and give advice if
possible. But all our main developers are on Linux and barely have any solid experience
with e.g. *BSD.
It seems as if the DRM would need some serious attention on all
BSDs in order to catch up with the Linux side of things. Nouveau will not work
without and neither will any other modern DDX in the not too distant future.
We would like to take the opportunity again and say thank you
to all our contributors. That includes those who help users in the channel, write
code or documentation, as well as testers. Only all those combined make us move
forward! But still, there are things where we could need help. Namely:
As we cannot expect Moondrake to do all PPC testing and bug fixing
on his own, we would be grateful for PPC feedback.
Malc0: anyone running a G70 (most GeForce 7) card at a high pixel
clock (say 1920x1440 @ 85Hz); I'd love to hear from you.
We would like to thank okias for helping pq out with mmiotrace
testing (which by the way, finally got into mainline).
Oh, and what we currently don't need are MMioTrace or renouveau
dumps. If that changes, we will announce it here! Exception to the rule is dumps
and traces of the newest cards. Come into #nouveau on FreeNode and ask us, if
you are unsure.