It has been almost two years since we first heard of LTB Audio Systems and decided to look at their USB True 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones. The headphones were surprisingly well designed for coming from this relatively unheard of company. Listen To Believe (LTB) has recently introduced their Magnum 5.1 USB Headphones, which is what we will be looking at today. These headphones offer a built in microphone, onboard audio control, and is true 5.1 surround sound.
· On Headset volume control
· Digital audio decoding from any AC97 Software source
· EAX, HTRF Drivers for Game Audio Decoding
· SafeBass Safe resonance technology
· USB Plug & Play Connector for PC or Mac
· Built-In Noise Canceling Microphone with Mute Button
· Multiple speaker units for front, rear, center, and subwoofer channels
· Built-in Microphone
· Adjustable fit, Fold Flat design
· Very lightweight, extremely comfortable to wear
The LTB Magnum Headphones had shipped in a plastic packaging similar to what we had seen when first examining the USB True 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones. The design of the headphones allows them to lie flat and then fold into a standard position. Included with the headphones was a USB to stereo jack converter, software CD, quick install guide, and warranty pamphlet. Listen To Believe only offers a one year limited warranty on these headphones, which is a bit unfortunate compared to the warranty offered by other audio headset manufacturers. The audio converter allows the USB headphones to be connected to an analog PC sound card or other audio devices that lack an USB port. This is certainly a nice addition to see the ability to use either the stereo jack or USB connection.