Power supplies have evolved quite a bit since the days of the old grey boxes with red, yellow, and black wires coming out of them. Now they come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and capacities, and every manufacturer is trying to find that one gimmick to set their supply apart from the rest. But when it comes down to it, all that matters in a power supply is that it supply good clean power to your components in order for them to run at the their peak. A weak power supply is a surefire way to ruin anyone’s computing experience, and quite possibly do some serious damage to the rig in the process. The power supply being reviewed today is the Cooler Master Real Power 550W RS-550-ACLY.
· Supports dual core CPU & daul CPU
· Compliance with the newest Intel® standard ATX 12V V 2.01
· Compliance with the newest SSI standard EPS 12V V2.1
· Super silent operation with intelligent fan speed control (< 23dBA)
· Power consumption management by human computer interface (HCI)
· PCI-e connector satisfy high end graphic card requirement
· Support +12V1, +12V2 and + 12V3 outputs for higher power usage
· Green power design to meet energy star and blue angel requirement
· More than 75% efficiency at typical load operation
· Higher reliability (MTBF > 400,000 hours)
· OVP / OCP / OTP / OLP / Short / Full protection
· Active power factor correction (PF > 0.99)
· Real power capacity satisfy high-end system operationø
As you can see, this should provide plenty of power for all your hardware, but let us take a closer look at it. The packaging is nice and clean, with decent descriptions of all the major components and features. Inside are of course the power supply, a power cable, a 24-20 ATX adapter, and the power meter. Everything came very well packed and arrived in a flawless condition.