When Enermax is mentioned, what comes to mind? Is it their delightful Whisper, Noisetaker, and Liberty series PSUs or rather one of their featured-filled computer cases? What commonly doesn't come to mind when thinking of Enermax/Maxpoint are their external HDD enclosures, in fact some might not even realize they offer these products. As you can guess, today we are looking at one of Enermax's latest HDD enclosure series and that is the Laureate. The Enermax Laureate EB205U-S that we have our hands on today offers support for 2.5" HDDs and a USB 2.0 interface while including a travel pouch that is shockproof and water resistant. In addition to the 2.5" model (EB205U-S), Enermax also offers a 3.5" HDD (EB305C-S) and 5.25" optical (EB505U-S) enclosure. Will Enermax's Laureate series truly be worth of the greatest honor or distinction?
· External 2.5” HDD box with USB 2.0 for easy plug
& play between laptop and desktop
· Slim size with an excellent portability
· Quality aluminum for the strong structure and best heat dissipation
· Classic distinction with the stylish cover and blue LED indicator
· Water-resistance & shockproof travel bag to protect HDD
· Low power consumption requiring power source from one single USB port
Opening the Enermax Laureate container, it is more along the lines of a carrying case, which is quite like a jewelry box. Printed across the top of the box is the word Laureate while keeping the container shut is a built-in magnet. Inside this petite container, we found the actual 2.5" enclosure, travel pouch, USB cable, and mounting screws. All of the components were packaged in plastic bags individually and everything had arrived in pristine condition.