When it comes to ATX enclosures to house your valuable computer components, Antec is one of the names synonymous with creating legendary enclosures since its 1986 founding. In addition to their chassis line-up, Antec also specializes in making high-end power supplies along with other cooling and lighting accessories. With so many unique computer cases on the market, and a great deal of others parts that are usually cheap knock-offs, it can be a challenging task to find a chassis that is suitable in all areas of interest. With us today we are sampling the Performance TX640B Black MiniTower from Antec. Will this case be able to turn heads like its popular Performance One or Sonata series?
· TAC compliant
· Antec's latest ATX12V v.2.0 power supply designs for full forward and backward compatibility with ATX form factors
· SP-400 installed. 400 Watt SmartPower 2.0 power supply
· Front ports: 2x USB 2.0, 1x IEEE 1394 (FireWire®, i.Link®), Audio In and Out
· Built-in washable air filter
· 1.0mm cold rolled steel for durability
After removing all of the shipping safeguards inside the container, we were merely left with the TX640B chassis itself and several other pieces of documentation such as the user's manual and other technical papers. Inside of the chassis was a small box containing the various mounting hardware. As signified by the model, TX640B, the "B" signifies the exterior with a black matte finish. Accompanying this chassis in the Performance TX series is presently the TX635, TX1050B, and TX1088AMG for its 2005 line-up.