Power supplies these days have been getting more and more powerful, and also shinier and flashier. High quality paint jobs, chromed fan grills, and sleeved cables are just some of the things that manufacturers have been introducing into their power supply designs these days. However, now that almost all-good power supplies ship with these features they're no longer factors when it comes to choosing a power supply. Enermax however has introduced a nice feature that makes things convenient for users with multiple SATA and PATA hard drives, they call it the Eternity pair. Each 4-pin molex connector on the cable is paired with a SATA power connector. This is very nice for users who use both PATA and SATA. What else does this 620W beast have to offer? Let's look and see.
· Full compliance with the highest standard to desktop
· Split 12V rails provide most stable current to CPU, GPU, MB and drives
· Full support of Dual Core systems (incl. Pentium D EE and Athlon 64 X2) & Dual CPU systems
· Convertible design to power up ATX/BTX systems and support dual CPU entry-level server/workstation
· PF value up to 0.99 to provide stable and clean power under 100-240VAC by auto switching
· High efficiency of about 80% under wide load range (30-100%) minimizes your electricity bill
· Special design 12cm fan combines silence and cooling by intelligent speed control
· Protected by OCP, OVP, UVP, OLP, SCP, and OTP for maximum safety
· Full rated power under 0-40 o C/32-104 o F ambient temperature
· Smarter cable choice and better cable routing for a neat and tidy case
· Unique 4-pin Molex + SATA connectors in pairs give you free choice on using either PATA or SATA devices
· Support of Dual PCI-E graphics cards, SLI or CrossFire
· Toughest EMI shielding protects your system and near-by appliances
The packaging on this power supply is pretty simple. Unlike the extravagantly packaged Hiper Type-R, the Liberty came in a standard cardboard box. Inside the box, we found the power supply, a power cable, some mounting screws, a lanyard, and a soft case for all the modular cables. We don't foresee any real functionality for the casing, but it is a nice way to keep the unused cables organized.