Case modders are always looking for ways to make their rigs look cleaner. The one thing that has been a major problem in the past was power supply cables. They are often unsleeved and make the case look messy. Moreover there are usually too many cables and that also makes the case a mess. Modders have resorted to painstakingly sleeving all the cables and also chopping off any unused cables. Luckily however those days are coming to an end. Almost all high-end power supplies these days are sleeved and modular power supplies are becoming ever more popular ever since Ultra Product's X-Connect. Today we have Antec's Smart Power 2.0 500W power supply for review. Let's take a look.
· ATX12V version 2.0
· Modular cable design, use only the cables you need.
· Dual 12V output circuitry provides added system stability and meets 240VA UL requirements and safety purpose: 12V1 for Motherboard and peripherals; 12V2 for processor
· ATX12V v2.0 compliance allows SmartPower 2.0 to consume up to 25% less power than standard power supplies, saving you money on your electric bill. 24-pin power connector with detachable 4-pin section for backwards compatibility with ATX 20-pin motherboards.
· 4 SATA Connectors support Serial ATA optical drives
· Flow-through dual 80mm fans (one intake and one exhaust)
· Unique Dual Fans Technology: exhaust fan starts to spin when the power supply reaches certain temperatures to ensure proper airflow, the second fan spins on power up
· Industrial grade protection prevents damage resulting from short circuits, power overloads, excessive current, low voltages and excessive voltages
· Increased 12V output capability for system components that consume more power from 12V rail
· PCI-E graphic connector
· Safety approvals: UL, CUL, TUV, CB, FCC Class B, CE, CCC
· Increased MTBF: 80,000 hours
· Size: 6.1"(L) x 5.9" (D) x 3.4" (H)
· PF value greater than 90% (EU only)
· Gold plated connector for superior conductivity
Inside the Antec packaging were the power supply, the bundle of detachable cables, a power cord, the manual and screws. As expected, everything had arrived in great condition in the retail packaging.