It used to be that if you wanted an external hard drive you would have to buy one from a retailer at a very inflated price. Hard drive enclosures soon appeared in the market and have gradually become popular amongst those looking for large, portable external storage. Why? Because it's much cheaper to buy an enclosure and an internal drive than to buy an external drive. Not only are these internal drive enclosures generally much cheaper than their external counterparts, they often offer a unique appearance with improved cooling. Today we will be reviewing the Ultra Products Mini Portable Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5" (ULT31310).
· Supports High Speed USB2.0 USB1.1 and Firewire
· Hot-Swappable - Plug-n-Play
· Compatible With 3.5" IDE Hard Drives
· Built-in Cooling Fan
· Easy Installation
· Interface: IDE to USB 2.0 and Firewire
· Supports: 3.5" ATA 133/100/66/33 Drives
· Max Capacity Supported: 300GB
· Dimensions: 190 x 125 x 45mm
· Weight: 240g
· Window 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP
· Mac OS 8.6 & Above
Included in the package was an AC adapter, driver CD, USB cable, IEEE1394 (Firewire) cable, small bag of screws, user’s manual, and the Mini Portable Disk enclosure. The cables all seemed to be of good quality with no apparent imperfections. This Ultra Products drive enclosure is the 3.5" model; however, Ultra Products does produce a 2.5" USB model.