A new release of the GNU Project Debugger (GDB) brings several features and other improvements.
The key features of the new GDB 7.5 release for those into GNU debugging include:
- Go language support.
- New targets (x32 ABI, microMIPS, Renesas RL78, HP OpenVMS ia64).
- More Python scripting improvements.
- SDT (Static Defined Tracing) probes support with SystemTap probes.
- GDBserver improvements (stdio connections, target-side evaluation of breakpoint conditions, remote protocol improvements).
- Other miscellaneous improvements (ability to stop when a shared library is loaded/unloaded, dynamic printf, etc).
- Reverse debugging on ARM.
- The binary "gdbtui" has been abandoned and can no longer be built. Use "gdb -tui" instead.
Download links and more information on GDB 7.5 is available from GNU.org