Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven 3.0 Now Works For Radeon Gallium3D

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven 3.0 Now Works For Radeon Gallium3D

After a series of Mesa commits today by Marek Ol??k, the R600 Radeon Gallium3D driver is now handling Unigine Heaven 3.0, the visually impressive OpenGL tech demo. There's also been other important Mesa Git commits that happened today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe need send bug report to Ungine and not use workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
      Maybe need send bug report to Ungine and not use workaround?
      I believe it was already fixed in v4.0, this is for 3.0.

4.0 doesn't work OOTB either, but that's because it requests a GL 3.2 context, which Mesa drivers don't yet support without overriding that option.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        I believe it was already fixed in v4.0, this is for 3.0.

4.0 doesn't work OOTB either, but that's because it requests a GL 3.2 context, which Mesa drivers don't yet support without overriding that option.
        That's correct. Instead of fixing their bugs, they decided to drop support for OpenGL < 3.2 entirely. So yeah, Heaven 4.0 doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          That's correct. Instead of fixing their bugs, they decided to drop support for OpenGL < 3.2 entirely. So yeah, Heaven 4.0 doesn't work.
          On that note, how far off is GL 3.2 for r600g?

It looks like Intel will probably enable it on their driver in the next month or two, and i think the necessary Gallium support is mostly already done. Is there anything left that needs to go in the individual driver backends for geometry shaders?
          Last edited by smitty3268; 03 August 2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            On that note, how far off is GL 3.2 for r600g?

It looks like Intel will probably enable it on their driver in the next month or two, and i think the necessary Gallium support is mostly already done. Is there anything left that needs to go in the individual driver backends for geometry shaders?
            Yes, almost everything is missing. Mesa and Gallium support only means that OpenGL function calls and shaders are translated to the Gallium API and TGSI shaders, that's all. The driver has to implement everything. Only geometry shader resource bindings are implemented at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
              Yes, almost everything is missing. Mesa and Gallium support only means that OpenGL function calls and shaders are translated to the Gallium API and TGSI shaders, that's all. The driver has to implement everything. Only geometry shader resource bindings are implemented at the moment.
              I think I understand. For clarification, just to make sure, does that mean that r600g still has a ways to go before it can support geometry shaders?

Comment

Vadim has initial support for geometry shaders in r600g here:

Comment

Working...
                X