No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @jsa1983: I backported glamor 0.5.1 (which is the same of what already was there but with a new version number, which is now required anyway by updated ati).

I am posting this from a KDE 4.11 session while admiring kwin's window decorations... so it works. However, the package kde-window-manager requires libwayland0 (>= 1.0.2) and libwayland 1.2 seems to be split across three different libs, none of them libwayland0-1.2, so in order to install kde-window-manager its .deb control file must be edited in order to delete that dependency or to change it to (I assume) libwayland-client0.
    Yes, this is why I asked the output of apt-cache rdepends a few posts ago. I'll see to backport that package in my test PPA if you identified the package (not on the main PPA so to not overwrite kde 4.10 package). Which PPA is that package from so that I can backport and recompile from it?

@pali:
    And you planning in future add radeonsi support also to precise? Because precise is supported until 2017.
    @oibaf: Is there any problem to compile radeonsi also for precise in your ppa?
    Yes, the lack of free time

Comment

• @Vincenzov
      Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      Try updating again, maybe it is a problem of a package still not fully build when you updated. If not then complain to who didn't the tests when I asked some days ago
      I need the output of:
      apt-cache rdepends libwayland0 libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0 libwayland-dev libwayland-cursor0
      on your failing system.
      Last edited by oibaf; 17 September 2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        @jsa1983: I backported glamor 0.5.1 (which is the same of what already was there but with a new version number, which is now required anyway by updated ati).

Yes, this is why I asked the output of apt-cache rdepends a few posts ago. I'll see to backport that package in my test PPA if you identified the package (not on the main PPA so to not overwrite kde 4.10 package). Which PPA is that package from so that I can backport and recompile from it?

@pali:

Yes, the lack of free time
        Hi!

IIRC it is one of the kde packages from Kubuntu backports, but I'll check that tonight when I get home and will tell you the exact source package. And thanks for updating glamor to 0.5.1. I saw that dependency yesterday after Michael's post about glamor being enabled in the ati DDX.

Regards

Comment

• vincenzo@AthlonII-X4-640:~$ apt-cache rdepends libwayland0 libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0 libwayland-dev libwayland-cursor0
          libwayland0
          Reverse Depends:
          libwayland-client0:i386
          libwayland-server0:i386
          libwayland-client0
          libwayland-client0
          libwayland-server0
          libwayland-server0
          libegl1-mesa-drivers
          libegl1-mesa
          libegl1-mesa-drivers
          libegl1-mesa
          libwayland0:i386
          weston
          libwayland0-dbg
          libwayland-dev
          libgtk-3-0
          libegl1-mesa-drivers
          libegl1-mesa
          libwayland-client0
          Reverse Depends:
          libwayland-cursor0
          libwayland-client0-dbg
          libwayland-dev
          libgbm1
          libgtk-3-0
          libegl1-mesa-drivers
          libegl1-mesa
          libwayland-server0
          Reverse Depends:
          libwayland-server0-dbg
          libwayland-dev
          libgbm1
          libegl1-mesa-drivers
          libegl1-mesa
          libwayland-dev
          Reverse Depends:
          libwayland-dev:i386
          libgtk-3-dev
          libgtk-3-dev
          libwayland-cursor0
          Reverse Depends:
          libwayland-cursor0:i386
          libwayland-cursor0-dbg
          libwayland-dev
          libgtk-3-0
          vincenzo@AthlonII-X4-640:~$

vincenzo@AthlonII-X4-640:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
          Generazione albero delle dipendenze
          Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
          ? utile eseguire "apt-get -f install" per correggere ci?.
          I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
          libegl1-mesa : Dipende: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.2.1) ma non ? installato
          Dipende: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.1) ma non ? installato
          libegl1-mesa-drivers : Dipende: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.2.1) ma non ? installato
          libgbm1 : Dipende: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.2.1) ma non ? installato
          E: Dipendenze non trovate. Riprovare usando -f.
          vincenzo@AthlonII-X4-640:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
          Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
          Generazione albero delle dipendenze
          Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
          Correzione delle dipendenze... Fatto
          I seguenti pacchetti saranno inoltre installati:
          libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0
          I seguenti pacchetti NUOVI saranno installati:
          0 aggiornati, 2 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 23 non aggiornati.
          9 non completamente installati o rimossi.
          ? necessario scaricare 0 B/52,7 kB di archivi.
          Dopo quest'operazione, verranno occupati 188 kB di spazio su disco.
          Continuare [S/n]? s
          (Lettura del database... 202732 file e directory attualmente installati.)
          Estrazione di libwayland-client0:amd64 (da .../libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb)...
          dpkg: errore nell'elaborare /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb (--unpack):
          tentata sovrascrittura di "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwayland-client.so.0.1.0" presente anche nel pacchetto libwayland0:amd64 1.0.5-0ubuntu1
          Estrazione di libwayland-server0:amd64 (da .../libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb)...
          dpkg: errore nell'elaborare /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb (--unpack):
          tentata sovrascrittura di "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwayland-server.so.0" presente anche nel pacchetto libwayland0:amd64 1.0.5-0ubuntu1
          Si sono verificati degli errori nell'elaborazione:
          /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
          /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
          E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
          vincenzo@AthlonII-X4-640:~$

Comment

• @Vincenzov: thanks, you should remove weston, I tried rebuilding it in my test PPA, but the version currently in Debian does not build with Wayland 1.2. As soon as an updated version will be released I'll backport it. Why do you installed it, BTW? EDIT: I suppose you installed it but there is no proof you did, indeed, you should try to see what package requires the 1.0.5 Wayland that prevents upgrading to 1.2.
            Last edited by oibaf; 17 September 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• I get the same error message... libgtk-3-0 seems to depend on it?

Code:
              18:47  ~  $ LC_ALL=C sudo apt-get install -f
              Reading package lists... Done
              Building dependency tree       
              Reading state information... Done
              Correcting dependencies... Done
              The following extra packages will be installed:
              The following NEW packages will be installed:
              0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
              1 not fully installed or removed.
              Need to get 0 B/52.7 kB of archives.
              After this operation, 188 kB of additional disk space will be used.
              Do you want to continue [Y/n]? 
              (Reading database ... 187340 files and directories currently installed.)
              Unpacking libwayland-client0:amd64 (from .../libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb) ...
              dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb (--unpack):
               trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwayland-client.so.0.1.0', which is also in package libwayland0:amd64 1.0.5-0ubuntu1
              Unpacking libwayland-server0:amd64 (from .../libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb) ...
              dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb (--unpack):
               trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwayland-server.so.0', which is also in package libwayland0:amd64 1.0.5-0ubuntu1
              Errors were encountered while processing:
               /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
               /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
              E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

18:47  ~  $ LC_ALL=C sudo apt-get remove libwayland0 libwayland-dev
              Reading package lists... Done
              Building dependency tree       
              Reading state information... Done
              You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
              The following packages have unmet dependencies:
               libgbm1 : Depends: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.2.1) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.1) but it is not going to be installed
               libgtk-3-0 : Depends: libwayland0 (>= 1.0.2) but it is not going to be installed
               libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libwayland-dev (>= 1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
              E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Comment

• Ah, I did a

Code:
                sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
                sudo apt-get install -f
                sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
                sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-cursor0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
                sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
                and it seems to install fine.

Comment

• The kde-window-manager package is the following (emphasis added), taken from Kubuntu backports (https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports):

Package: kde-window-manager
                  Source: kde-workspace
                  Priority: optional
                  Section: x11
                  Installed-Size: 5083
                  Maintainer: Kubuntu Developers <[email protected]>
                  Architecture: amd64
                  Version: 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2
                  Replaces: kde-window-manager-common (<< 4:4.8.2a-0ubuntu2~), kde-window-manager-gles, kde-workspace-data (<< 4:4.8.4-0r5), kdebase-workspace-bin (<< 4:4.5.80), kdebase-workspace-data (<< 4:4.7.2)
                  Suggests: weston
                  Provides: x-window-manager
                  Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libegl1-mesa (>= 7.8.1) | libegl1-x11, libegl1-mesa-drivers, libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1, libgles2-mesa (>= 7.8.1) | libgles2, libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0), libkactivities6, libkdeclarative5, libkdecorations4abi1 (= 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2), libkdecore5, libkdeui5, libkwineffects1abi4 (= 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2), libkwinglesutils1 (= 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2), libkwinglutils1abi2 (= 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2), libplasma3, libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.8.0), libqt4-declarative (>= 4:4.7.0~rc1), libqt4-script (>= 4:4.6.1), libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.8.0), libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.8.0), libsm6, libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), libwayland0 (>= 1.0.2), libx11-6, libx11-xcb1, libxcb-composite0, libxcb-damage0, libxcb-image0 (>= 0.3.9), libxcb-keysyms1 (>= 0.3.9), libxcb-randr0, libxcb-render0, libxcb-shape0, libxcb-shm0, libxcb-sync0, libxcb-xfixes0, libxcb-xtest0, libxcb1 (>= 1.6), libxcursor1 (>> 1.1.2), libxext6, libxrandr2 (>= 2:1.2.0), libxxf86vm1, kde-window-manager-common (= 4:4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2)
                  Breaks: kde-style-bespin (<< 0.r1552-1+), kde-style-skulpture, kde-window-manager-common (<< 4:4.8.2a-0ubuntu2~), kde-window-manager-gles, kde-workspace-data (<< 4:4.8.4-0r5), kdeartwork-theme-window (<< 4:4.9.5), kdebase-workspace-bin (<< 4:4.5.80), kdebase-workspace-data (<< 4:4.7.2), kwin-style-crystal (<< 2.2.1), kwin-style-dekorator, kwin-style-qtcurve (<< 1.8.14-2+)
                  Filename: pool/main/k/kde-workspace/kde-window-manager_4.11.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.04~ppa2_amd64.deb
                  Size: 1006008
                  MD5sum: 91b805c2105accc3f0bc1e5c305934ef
                  SHA1: 860b00bb65f5add6a35c1460c2b43c88e2976de6
                  SHA256: c6b0e737ff0986f0251990c68a362a6967c98aee9b686f8b99 dd00110ab3c032
                  Description: K window manager (KWin)
                  This package contains KWin, the KDE window manager, featuring
                  hardware-accelerated compositing effects.
                  This package is part of the KDE base workspace module.
                  Original-Maintainer: Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers <[email protected]>

As for the output of apt-cache rdepends libwayland0 libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0 libwayland-dev libwayland-cursor0 libwayland0:

jose@amdfx:~$ apt-cache rdepends libwayland0 libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0 libwayland-dev libwayland-cursor0 libwayland0
                  Reverse Depends:
                  libwayland-client0
                  libwayland-client0
                  libwayland-server0
                  libwayland-server0
                  kde-window-manager-active
                  kde-window-manager
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libegl1-mesa
                  weston
                  libwayland0-dbg
                  libwayland-dev
                  libgtk-3-0
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libwayland-client0
                  Reverse Depends:
                  libgbm1
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libwayland-cursor0
                  libwayland-client0-dbg
                  libwayland-dev
                  libgbm1
                  libgtk-3-0
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libwayland-server0
                  Reverse Depends:
                  libgbm1
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libwayland-server0-dbg
                  libwayland-dev
                  libgbm1
                  libegl1-mesa-drivers
                  libegl1-mesa
                  libwayland-dev
                  Reverse Depends:
                  libgtk-3-dev
                  libgtk-3-dev
                  libwayland-cursor0
                  Reverse Depends:
                  libwayland-cursor0-dbg
                  libwayland-dev
                  libgtk-3-0

Comment

• Originally posted by mudig View Post
                    I get the same error message... libgtk-3-0 seems to depend on it?

Code:
                     libgbm1 : Depends: libwayland-client0 (>= 1.2.1) but it is not going to be installed
                               Depends: libwayland-server0 (>= 1.2.1) but it is not going to be installed
                     libgtk-3-0 : Depends: libwayland0 (>= 1.0.2) but it is not going to be installed
                     libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libwayland-dev (>= 1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
                    I updated yesterday gtk+3.0 packages, that should then depends on libwayland-client0, not libwayland0, probably you just did the update when the new wayland was built, but still not the updated gtk+3.0 packages. If someone has the same problem, should just do a sudo apt-get update and then dist-upgrade again.
                    Last edited by oibaf; 18 September 2013, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• @jsa1983

Thanks, the updated kde-workspace packages are building now in a new PPA, see the notes I added at https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers

If they build fine (try in a hour) adding this PPA should make kde 4.11 properly work again. This will break again however if/when kubuntu PPA updates this package, so let me know and I'll do a rebuild again.

Comment

Working...
                      X