ATI blob late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    Really though, it wouldn't surprise me if the Microsoft part was correct too. However, there are definitely technical reasons. If the Windows build isn't working correctly (due to problems with the renderer, not packaging,) the Linux version often has the exact same bug.
    Yes, it's PROBABLY in the Linux driver too. But if it isn't, it means the bug is in the OS side. And that makes (if it is really happenind) delaying the Linux driver because the Windows one fails because of Windows a violation of competency. I'm not sure if it is illegal (I think it must, because a product with a failure makes the competition one to not be released), but it is unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
      I wish people would just respect their NDA and stop making broad claims based on their limited experience with the beta driver.
      The way the Catalyst beta driver release cycle can be easily found on the internet. Not only that, but Q has been spreading rumors forever, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they actually fixed screen tearing in the upcoming release.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
        Q probably already knows this, but for any of you that want 100% no screen tearing, ever. This release is for you
        I wonder, will this also help rotated monitors? Nvidia and radeon vsync fails once you rotate a monitor - I really hope fglrx can shine here!

Comment

Q usually talks complete crap. This time though (delay/tearing), you will find some truth in his words.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Q usually talks complete crap. This time though (delay/tearing), you will find some truth in his words.
            Meh, I find about 75% to be correct, the other 25% is usually total bull.

Comment

Working...
            X