• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvidia drivers dont suck

Comment

• I am sure the poor sods here

like to disagree

Comment

• no wonder ati doesnt have a forum, otherwise some retard might use it for comparison

Comment

• you said 'nvidia drivers don't suck'. I showed you that this is not true. This is not about 'comparism' but proving that you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

• god you must be thick. You posted a link to a nvidia linux forum and expect to say nvidia drivers suck?

here, mercedes-benz sucks http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/
            here, fedora sucks http://forums.fedoraforum.org/
            here, the world sucks http://news.bbc.co.uk/

dont be retarded

Comment

• no. I said that there are people that disagree with your 'nvidia's drivers are flawless' point of view.

So could you please stop embarrasing yourself?

Comment

• hahahahaha, go help ati write some better drivers

Comment

• as soon as you stop acting like an idiot - sure :P

Comment

• nvidia drivers

I can confirm that nvidia drivers are far better and more usable on the desktop.
                    The 180.22 drivers are the most complete driver between ati and nvidia. Some people are have issues with suspend on laptops thats it, but some of these people are updating the driver when everything was working for them before with 177.xxx They are looking for more performance on a low end igp!This

People argue here and they have not even tested the drivers or cards. The fact is that an Ati thread here has so many views everytime Ati has an update is because there are so many bugs and people want fixes.

The Nvidia driver is far more usable and thats why there are less people viewing here and updates go by basically unnoticed.
                    I would also say that does not take into account there are a lot more nvidia-linux users than ati-linux users.

This site is so pro Ati it's crazy, especially when they are looking for subscriptions.

They need to compare both drivers side by side and see whats usable ask the readers here what they want compared eg 2d 3d performance, video, compiz, wine, image quality etc.
                    Test the most common cards used and be done with it.

Then people can choose whats best for them by feature set,. I doubt your ever see it as it would'nt be in the sites interest.

Comment

• Holy crap. Even if Phoronix is "ATI biased", most of the people on the forums do nothing but bitch about the drivers. The articles on the site itself are very "fair" I would say, when it comes to reviews. Fact is, people only bitch when they can't work out the driver, and boy to they bitch (loudly too). If there is any sort of "fanboyism" going on it's from nvidia users, constantly taking shots at fglrx and denying that the binary has issues.
                      The driver works, has great 3D performance, and is rather stable. I use it on all my machines and rarelly have a problem. It lacks certain features, and some things could be better implemented, but the drivers far from suck. I guess I'm either lucky or am a secret ATI agent spreading false success stories on fglrx. I have helped several people in getting fglrx working, and once they do their biggest complaint is about the flickering videos/games with Compiz. They must be stinking liars then.

Comment

Working...
                      X