Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 4.4: Blasting New Features With Forsand

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 4.4: Blasting New Features With Forsand

The first development release of Phoronix Test Suite 4.4-Forsand is now available for those interested in open-source benchmarking and automated testing. This major quarterly update is poised to introduce new features that will benefit all users from hardware enthusiasts to enterprise customers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GUI?

What about the GUI? I compiled php-gtk (the demo work) but phoronix-test-suite gui does not work...

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
      What about the GUI? I compiled php-gtk (the demo work) but phoronix-test-suite gui does not work...
      The GTK GUI was retired since PTS 3.0. A new web-based implementation is coming for 4.4 or the following release.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

@Michael

It would be really cool if you could include a latency based analysis of the open and closed drivers in an article and maybe into PTS as well. So far everything that has been done is only on closed drivers, the open drivers should be completely different I assume, no ideia if better or worse.

Comment

I'd like to see two things for PTS/Openbenchmarking

1. Virtualization test with multiple VMs
          2. Saner Openbenchmarking website. That site is a nightmare. I tried several times to understand how it works but failed miserably.

I search after a processor name - it tells me that it is a processor and under which OS, kernel and motherboard it was benchmarked, but NO result of the tests. I guess I have to narrow down the OS -> click Ubuntu 11.04, it shows me the kernels it runs under Ubuntu 11.04. I guess I have to narrow the search again -> click on one of the kernel - now it shows me all the OSs that use that kernel. WTF?! I don't know in what world the webmaster(guy who wrote the website) is living, but that site, to put it mindly, is twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by erhardm View Post
            I search after a processor name - it tells me that it is a processor and under which OS, kernel and motherboard it was benchmarked, but NO result of the tests. I guess I have to narrow down the OS -> click Ubuntu 11.04, it shows me the kernels it runs under Ubuntu 11.04. I guess I have to narrow the search again -> click on one of the kernel - now it shows me all the OSs that use that kernel. WTF?! I don't know in what world the webmaster(guy who wrote the website) is living, but that site, to put it mindly, is twisted.
            Part of the search functionality has been disabled past couple of weeks due to a database issue on the server and is in the process of being optimized.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by erhardm View Post
              1. Virtualization test with multiple VMs
              PTS/OB can already do that, your request is simply a request for an article on Phoronix.com about it, separate from anything PTS/OB related.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Part of the search functionality has been disabled past couple of weeks due to a database issue on the server and is in the process of being optimized.
                This is not happening just for last couple of weeks. It always happened. It's not the first time I tried to understand the site. I genuinely spend time to find benchmarks and compare to other found benchmarks - the problem is, I didn't even found a single benchmark using CPU,GPU or any other component as the search term. Could only see the most popular, the lastest or if I search by benchmark name and compare them, which is not what I'm trying to do.

PTS/OB can already do that, your request is simply a request for an article on Phoronix.com about it, separate from anything PTS/OB related.
                I don't see any test profile on Openbenchmarking(or in the PTS documentation) saying anything about VMs or tiles, something equivalent to VMmark or SPECvirt_2010.

If there are such tests, it would be really helpful to add them in your future CPU benchmarks, it helps when building workstations and servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
                  @Michael

It would be really cool if you could include a latency based analysis of the open and closed drivers in an article and maybe into PTS as well. So far everything that has been done is only on closed drivers, the open drivers should be completely different I assume, no ideia if better or worse.
                  I have code to capture frame times for any app, on any driver on linux. Haven't had time to work on it more, so it has no visualization or graphing beyond just the capturing. Need to learn gnuplot or something to make the pretty graphs, and that's fairly low on my todo list

Comment

Working...
                  X