Nouveau For A $10 NVIDIA Graphics Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
    I started reading this article at work. The graphs on pages 6-10 look awful in Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP Professional. The names of the cards run into each other and they also obliterate the beginning of the standard error (SE) labels. It looked so awful that I gave up. I then tried to read this article on my mobile phone during the bus trip home, but the same poor display of the graphs occurs on Opera Mobile 10.00 on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. I gave up again. When I got home I tried again with Firefox 9.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 and the graphs looked much better. I then tried using Firefox's zoom in feature and the graphs still looked just as good.

Can something be done about this in the future?
    Screenshots? It's probably serving the PNG version of the graphs under IE8... (I forgot if it was IE8 or IE9 where SVG is properly supported). Under desktop Opera there is at least one SVG bug in their browser but haven't specifically seen if its addressed in the mobile version or not, so there I have it blacklisted too for doing PNG. Firefox always works beautifully with SVG. In terms of text-sizes my new SVG/PNG renderer might address that but not sure without seeing the IE screenshots.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Screenshots? It's probably serving the PNG version of the graphs under IE8... (I forgot if it was IE8 or IE9 where SVG is properly supported). Under desktop Opera there is at least one SVG bug in their browser but haven't specifically seen if its addressed in the mobile version or not, so there I have it blacklisted too for doing PNG. Firefox always works beautifully with SVG. In terms of text-sizes my new SVG/PNG renderer might address that but not sure without seeing the IE screenshots.
      Yes, IE8 is showing the PNG version. I should be able to get a screenshot tomorrow.

Comment

I'm also curious to what online retailer is selling this card for ten dollars, sounds like a steal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebril View Post
          I'm also curious to what online retailer is selling this card for ten dollars, sounds like a steal to me.
          me too! is still available?

Comment

Working...
          X