Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Performance Is Improving For Ubuntu 13.10 XMir

Phoronix: 2D Performance Is Improving For Ubuntu 13.10 XMir

While the OpenGL gaming performance on XMir/Mir was recently made faster thanks to composite bypass support being committed, the feature doesn't help out non-full-screen applications for rendering faster. To see where the current 2D Linux desktop performance is on Ubuntu 13.10 when using Intel graphics and enabling XMir and the Unity System Compositor, here are some new benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So before this devolves into the usual mess...

I am impressed by the improvement. If it is also stable and eliminates screen tearing, I may start using this soon.

I would still like to see what the performance of steam apps under xmir is, anyone have a benchmark yet?

Comment

Those results looks really nice. XMir is really close to pure X from performance point of view and we have access to native Mir where performance should be better than X and tearing will gone.

Comment

Originally posted by allenmaher View Post
        So before this devolves into the usual mess...

I am impressed by the improvement. If it is also stable and eliminates screen tearing, I may start using this soon.

I would still like to see what the performance of steam apps under xmir is, anyone have a benchmark yet?
        as in Games Low like in none just joking a little only a few games will run on this shitty server and it was just bad for me on any of my GPU's the only game a really got running was CS and i seen a few more users who also got CS running it's really lame

Comment

it seems that at this time XMir is more mature than XWayland, would like to see XMir running rootless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
            it seems that at this time XMir is more mature than XWayland, would like to see XMir running rootless.
            really as its just a hacked up Xwayland

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              really as its just a hacked up Xwayland
              then that hack is becoming a nice improvement over xwayland

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                then that hack is becoming a nice improvement over xwayland
                no not at all i say Xmir is worst then Xorg and it's rooted bad just bad May as well just use Xorg

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                  no not at all i say Xmir is worst then Xorg and it's rooted bad just bad May as well just use Xorg

Still better than Xwayland.

Comment

Originally posted by marciocr View Post
                    Still better than Xwayland.
                    how so?

Comment

Working...
                    X