ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Sure, complaining about us not releasing a consumer PC-oriented video decode solution is fair.

It's important that you complain about the right thing if you want anyone other than me to listen
    I suppose that a very important question is WHO should we be complaining TO?

** especially to get new and highly wanted features in open source?

We know that obviously YOU are aware of what we want, so who do we complain to who can tell you that it is now time to make it happen yesterday?

Comment

If it's an open source feature, complain to me.

If it's something in the proprietary driver then it's not so easy, you basically need to complain back up the channels you are buying from, or just ignore the fact that you were given a lot of advance warning by Phoronix and wait for us to actually finish development
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        If it's an open source feature, complain to me.

If it's something in the proprietary driver then it's not so easy, you basically need to complain back up the channels you are buying from, or just ignore the fact that you were given a lot of advance warning by Phoronix and wait for us to actually finish development
        So would inviting you out for beer get us video decode faster?

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          So would inviting you out for beer get us video decode faster?
          Actually, I'm working on a vdpau backend for gallium right now. Its close beeing able to decide mpeg2, but thats only for softpipe and r300 should work but is untested.

As soon as it works for softpipe, I will start implement it for r600.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            Actually, I'm working on a vdpau backend for gallium right now. Its close beeing able to decide mpeg2, but thats only for softpipe and r300 should work but is untested.

As soon as it works for softpipe, I will start implement it for r600.
            EDIT:
            Actually, I'm working on a vdpau backend for gallium right now. Its close beeing able to decode mpeg2, but thats only for the softpipe. R300 should theoreticfally work too, but is untested by me. The video-pipe I am using, is AFAIK already working with the xvmc state-tracker. I am just also implementing it as a vdpau state-tracker.

Comment

Sounds like buying beer for tball might be the smart move
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                EDIT:
                Actually, I'm working on a vdpau backend for gallium right now. Its close beeing able to decode mpeg2, but thats only for the softpipe. R300 should theoreticfally work too, but is untested by me. The video-pipe I am using, is AFAIK already working with the xvmc state-tracker. I am just also implementing it as a vdpau state-tracker.
                Mpeg2 doesn't take too much CPU to decode. I take it the intention is ultimately to take on h.264 and similar?
                Edit: I wish I knew more about video decoding.... got a couple of engineering degrees here.

Comment

Mpeg2 doesn't take too much CPU to decode. I take it the intention is ultimately to take on h.264 and similar?
                  Edit: I wish I knew more about video decoding.... got a couple of engineering degrees here.
                  Yes after MPEG2 is done, I think H.264 will be the next target.

Comment

Yes thats the plan.
                    Well I started reading up on gallium and afterwars started to learn about mpeg2 decoding. Have had some lessons at the university about decoding, though.

Comment

• Just tried out Doom 3 on r600g.

That's the menu, and I can't get past it because I can't see anything, but at least the cursor and console works.

Comment

Working...
                      X