Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Bumps Thunderbird To Version 3.1

Phoronix: Mozilla Bumps Thunderbird To Version 3.1

The Mozilla Messaging camp has released version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 features faster search results, a quick filter tool-bar, a new migration assistant, a saved files manager, a new mail account setup wizard, and various performance improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Considering the attention FireFox gets I always feel Thunderbird is the bastard child of Mozilla and never really cared for in the same way

Which is a pity

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Considering the attention FireFox gets I always feel Thunderbird is the bastard child of Mozilla and never really cared for in the same way

Which is a pity
      That is why now we have Mozilla Messaging completely separated from Mozilla people working on Firefox. They don't get distracted this way.

Another thing is that mail clients are very simple programs compared to browsers nowadays... I don't really need very sophisticated mail client. In fact, I more an more use Gmail web interface as main client and Thunderbird as IMAP archiver.

Comment

Originally posted by m_gol View Post
        In fact, I more an more use Gmail web interface as main client and Thunderbird as IMAP archiver.
        You are going to love this:
        This addon provides a conversation view for Thunderbird, grouping messages together and allowing you to reply "inline" thus providing a more efficient workflow.

Comment

Working...
        X