Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, you can provide a link?

Comment

• As much as I think this won't happen the FAQ is outdated. It even states Mac client as not coming so that point is not valid.

Comment

• again: link?

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
          again: link?
          Me? I said it was pulled. I said "My bad, I still saw it there a long time ago after it was reported but now it is gone. I was wrong. My bad. I made a mistake."

Comment

• >Steam won't be coming to Linux anytime soon folks. Read the official faq regarding Linux and check the last modified date for answers...

I am asking for a link to the faq, not some binaries.

Comment

• Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Comment

• Look at that, the article got an update. I'll pull back my old comment. This one is now actually up to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Look at that, the article got an update. I'll pull back my old comment. This one is now actually up to date.

And now that Valve(as of 12th of may, 2010)have actually confirmed their real intentions with respect to Linux client work, we should all just accept that Valve is not porting any Steam/games to Linux. Until they actually announce a client(if ever)it is logically reasonable to assume the likelyhood of Steam on Linux has not changed irrespective of Micheals bullshit/lies.

Comment

• You guys are ridiculous. Especially you, the_real_bill. What part of that article is new? That Wine (as is implied) is not supported? That's nothing new. I still haven't seen anything posted that provides proof that Steam is not coming. The reason being? You guys can't prove it.

I'm not saying the "Steam is coming for SURE" people have proved anything either, but (even disregarding Michaels news posts) they definitely have at least some evidence that hints towards a possible release.

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. However, I can understand why the hopefuls want to get excited about it. What I can't understand is why the nay-sayers are trying so hard to crush their dreams. Just so you can say "I told you so"? Really, what possible reason do you people have for denouncing it so vehemently?

Comment

• Prove that Steam is coming to Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X