Marek Lands Radeon Gallium3D MSAA Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    You need the kernel from Linus's tree (I think he merged the MSAA patch just yesterday).

Also the MSAA can be used through OpenGL's framebuffer objects only. Gallium doesn't implement MSAA through the GLX configs yet. (that will require core Gallium work only though)
    Thanks for the pointer about the kernel patch. I grabbed a daily kernel build from here, and now I've got GL 3.0 advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      well not very useful cuz prime or dma buff are not in 3.4, it landed in 3.5 and since 3.5 upto 3.6 my X2 is unusable and handle 5m tops without hardlockups

and the issue seem to be that my x2 card is perceived as optimus or it simple cant understand 2 GPU in 1 PCB dunno

i know the issue is prime commit what i need is a way to see what is the GPU doing that lock it up so maybe one of the gurus can fix it [ky kernel C kung fu is weak and may kill kittens] having enough debug info
      Have you bisected? Nothing uses prime yet so it's not the problem. It's not even used unless you explicitly ask for it which requires support in the ddx and xserver which is not yet available. Moreover, prime is just a mechanism to share dma buffers between drivers. It has nothing to do with treating cards like optimus or anything like that. X2 cards are treated like two independent chips from the drivers perspective and that behavior has not changed since prime support was added.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        Have you bisected? Nothing uses prime yet so it's not the problem. It's not even used unless you explicitly ask for it which requires support in the ddx and xserver which is not yet available. Moreover, prime is just a mechanism to share dma buffers between drivers. It has nothing to do with treating cards like optimus or anything like that. X2 cards are treated like two independent chips from the drivers perspective and that behavior has not changed since prime support was added.
        ill try a full dissect this time since the first was very narrow and i assumed was this since i noticed my second GPU in low get hotter beyond 3.4 like it is doing something, ill check if radeontop give me some light in here too and post my result later and fill da bug if possible

Comment

ill try a full dissect this time since the first was very narrow and i assumed was this since i noticed my second GPU in low get hotter beyond 3.4 like it is doing something, ill check if radeontop give me some light in here too and post my result later and fill da bug if possible
          [OT]
          Slightly OT, but "Da bug"? Skillz? 1337? Boyz 'n da hood?
          Proper English (or try to, English isn't my first language, so I'll do my best at least) makes it a lot easier to communicate, and proper punctuation ROCKS! It's just a lot easier for everybody else to read and get what you're trying to say. Didn't mean to offend by saying so though!
          [/OT]

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            [OT]
            Proper English (or try to, English isn't my first language, so I'll do my best at least) makes it a lot easier to communicate, and proper punctuation ROCKS! It's just a lot easier for everybody else to read and get what you're trying to say. Didn't mean to offend by saying so though!
            [/OT]
            Yo dude, whatz da prob???!? Dis is better than proper english, its uber 1337 m4st3r english in da hood!!!!!
            What ya mean with proper punctation????!???!? Ma punctation rocks da house

Just kidding and sorry for beeing OT. English isn't my native language, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
              Yo dude, whatz da prob???!? Dis is better than proper english, its uber 1337 m4st3r english in da hood!!!!!
              What ya mean with proper punctation????!???!? Ma punctation rocks da house

Just kidding and sorry for beeing OT. English isn't my native language, too.
              Sorrz man, mah badz!?!? polognizznits ferventlies!!11!

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                You need the kernel from Linus's tree (I think he merged the MSAA patch just yesterday).
                Thanks, yet another phoronix article missing important details. Who would have thought?

3.6.0-rc2-mainline
                Code:
                 ~ % glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
                OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-81ba2c5)
                OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  [OT]
                  [/OT]
                  no problem , spanish is my main language so when i have hard time mentally translating something i tend to make many mistakes but you are right i should put more effort in using a proper language

Comment

no problem , spanish is my main language so when i have hard time mentally translating something i tend to make many mistakes but you are right i should put more effort in using a proper language

I apologize. Phoronix forums had an issue with a former member (We'll call him "Q") that would post nonsensical strings of inflammatory english words as a way of trolling people. He's gone, but we still tend to overreact when we see similar behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      well im still bisecting but whatever it was got fixed in 3.6-rc2, ill keep disscting between rc1 and rc2[thankfully lot shorter than between major revisions] and try to identify the culprit so it can be backported

Comment

Working...
                      X