Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super! Patented Mesa Floating-Point Is Merged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anybody still looking, I'm pretty sure that this is the patent in question.

As for SGI, I really doubt they would sue Red Hat, even if the latter start distributing Mesa with floating-point textures enabled. SGI's main products are high-performance servers running Red Hat and SUSE Linux, making things tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo6eB View Post
      As for SGI, I really doubt they would sue Red Hat, even if the latter start distributing Mesa with floating-point textures enabled. SGI's main products are high-performance servers running Red Hat and SUSE Linux, making things tricky.
      Interesting, I wonder if Red Hat and SUSE could use their duopsonist power to to get them to give or buy mesa a patent exemption for a relatively low price.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Apple has very few patents regarding h264. Nokia even has more patents against it as does educational institutions like Columbia. Sometimes I really think people point out apple because "all the other kool people do it".
        Right.

And if you actually read what I wrote, I said their POSITION concerning h264. Namely, their position that h264 should be adopted as a web standard, which would basically kill any free-software browser aiming for HTML5 compatability.

Sometimes I think people don't read posts properly just so they can type in their ironic spellings of "cool".

Comment

Working...
        X