• Show
Clear All

• Can't enable Gallium3D on R700 (4650)

Hi,

I can't enable Gallium3D on my system. System Specs:

Distro: Ubuntu 10.10 (Linux Mint 10)

Kernel: 2.6.37-020637-generic

xorg-edgers PPA added, Mesa 7.11-git, xf86-video-ati 6.13.99

When I add Option "ForceGallium" "True" in xorg.conf, Xorg log says Option "ForceGallium" not used.

Another question: How can I install 2.6.38? Latest kernel build in kernel ppa is 2.6.37-999

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello,

you should build mesa with --enable-gallium-r600 to activate gallium driver, and you don't need to use that option in xorg.conf.

Comment

Originally posted by lucx View Post
      Hello,

you should build mesa with --enable-gallium-r600 to activate gallium driver, and you don't need to use that option in xorg.conf.
      Thanks. Turns out that the newest mesa/radeon in xorg-edgers lost that option. However, I installed the packages from xorg-edgers/radeon and gallium was enabled by default.

Comment

I have the xorg-edgers/ppa and xorg-edgers/radeon ppas. I think gallium is enabled but I'm not sure. What I do know is that programs don't run as well with gallium as they did last month. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by JDShu View Post
          I have the xorg-edgers/ppa and xorg-edgers/radeon ppas. I think gallium is enabled but I'm not sure. What I do know is that programs don't run as well with gallium as they did last month. Am I doing something wrong?
          Remove /ppa and leave just /radeon. Or better yet, remove both of them, then add /radeon and you should have gallium on by default. Tried that yesterday evening, it was working fine. Tried it with Penumbra Overture, huge performance gain.

Comment

Thank you! Works perfectly now

Exciting times ahead for radeon oss drivers.

Comment

Comment

What about us that are on Natty?

Comment

Originally posted by zika View Post
                  What about us that are on Natty?
                  Sacrificed midory and epiphany, re-installed xserver-xorg-input-{all,synpatics} and, voila, 1.9.99.901...
                  Thank You xorg-edgers...

Comment

When we can expect to see Gallium for Natty?

Comment

Working...
                    X