Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC Atlantis Beta 1 Now Available

Phoronix: XBMC Atlantis Beta 1 Now Available

Released this morning was the first cross-platform release of XBMC (X-Box Media Center) for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X platforms. This release, codenamed "Atlantis", sporting this multi-platform compatibility also arrives with a new default skin, an XBMC Live distribution as an OS to purely run X-Box Media Center, and iTunes/iPhoto integration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

XBMC is only called "XBMC" now, it is not "XBox Media Center" any longer

Thanks for posting the news about XBMC 8.10 Beta 1, but know that XBMC is no longer called "XBox Media Center", we, Team-XBMC and the XBMC project, have officially got rid of that old name since XBMC went cross-platform. XBMC is now simply "XBMC" or "XBMC Media Center" as a semi-recursive acronym for XBMC.

Comment

I use the XBMC since some Years and its awesome. But for PC the XBM need many More Recources.

On My old PC ( AMD 64 3000+ 1GB ram and an ATI 9500 ) i cant use it .

Comment

Report all XBMC bugs and other issues on http://xbmc.org/forum/

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        for PC the XBM need many More Recources.

On My old PC ( AMD 64 3000+ 1GB ram and an ATI 9500 ) i cant use it .
        Yeah there are currently some bug(s) in XBMC for Windows that makes it hog a lot of CPU power

Plese visit the official XBMC Community Forums and report your issues there, help us troubleshoot it.
        Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as at home on a small screen.

Comment

It works great on my xbox. The video quality looks better.

Comment

Atlantis on Xbox?

@ Dagwood
            You have XBMC Atlantis Beta running on an XBOX?
            Where did you get the download from?
            I can't find it anywhere, I usually get the regular XBMC updates from T3CH
            Thanks

Comment

The Xbox version is on the piratebay.
              http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4404...tis_Beta_1.rar

Comment

Definitely a great alternative to Windows MCE.
                Took me a few hours to compile it, but this program really convinces me, the only feature I'd be missing would be a "minimize from fullscreen" feature, so that I can do other stuff while playing music.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
                  the only feature I'd be missing would be a "minimize from fullscreen" feature, so that I can do other stuff while playing music.
                  Already possible, press the / button on your keyboard, (there is no option for it available in the GUI only because XBMC designed to run a media center and not a desktop application)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamester17 View Post
                    Already possible, press the / button on your keyboard, (there is no option for it available in the GUI only because XBMC designed to run a media center and not a desktop application)
                    Thanks for that info, however, I'm on a german keyboard layout and need to press SHIFT+7 for entering /, and thus that shortcut doesn't work actually :-/
                    Is it possible to change that shortcut in some config file / the source itself?

Comment

Working...
                    X