Update Firmware on Card Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Firmware on Card Itself

My Radeon HD 4350 likes to show a thin purple line on the left edge of the screen. The TV also says "1922x1080", and that has me wondering. My Xbox 360 doesn't do this.

Can I update the firmware on the Radeon itself? It does this during BIOS splash.

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
    Can I update the firmware on the Radeon itself? It does this during BIOS splash.
    If it doesn't affect normal usage, weigh the alternatives. Flashing can ruin the card and probably will void the warranty. Is getting rid of a nuisance during boot worth risking the whole card?

Comment

You can probably update the firmware on the card, but there's no guarantee that a newer firmware would fix this (unless you know of a specific firmware you want to use). Tech Power-up has a collection of VGA Bios files which might have your card.

As was said before, though, be careful, and only do this if you know it will help you. This will void the warrantee, and it might brick your card (there's ways to recover, but it requires either reflashing the old bios before rebooting or having a second card to boot from).

Here's another option: Does your TV have any picture adjustments that can move the picture over a couple pixels (or a slight zoom, which wouldn't be as ideal) in order to hide the line? If it works, and your XBox still displays correctly, I'd give that a shot.

Comment

Why should a bios update void warranty? Asus provides bios updates all the time, and they even recommend them.

Comment

unofficial bios updates usually do

also e.g. a power loss while flashing is not covered by any warranty i know

Comment

Working...
          X