Why isn't maldorordiscord banned yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't maldorordiscord banned yet?

Qaridarium got a permanent ban. Why is he allowed to come back with a new nick and continue his abusive behavior?

He continuously insults people who disagree with him. Calling them 'stupid', 'dump [sic]' or 'pathetic'. And now he has hit a new low point by telling them to go and commit suicide

Is this behavior now considered acceptable by phoronix? Please tell me, because that's not what it says in the forum rules.

Better question: why is your nick still on bug me not

Comment

Yeah, why is your nick on bug me not?

Comment

I am sure this going to be dealt with soon. Don't worry. Michael is a bit busy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Better question: why is your nick still on bug me not
          Thanks a lot Kano for helping Qaridarium soil this profile

Now he used this profile to post profanity directed against d2kx. I've removed that post and changed the password for this account to prevent further abuse by Qaridarium.

Comment

Was it my fault that you posted the account info there? You should not comment on users when you do this.

Comment

It is your fault that you posted it here. Otherwise Qaridarium would have never gotten the idea.

Anyway the password is changed now. Sorry to the other users, but Qaridarium already said he was going to use this account to write on phoronix in the future.

Comment

That's correct, he did mostlikely not know about this site. But i don't see a reason why somebody would need it for phoronix. That site is usefull when you have to register already just for driver downloads or to READ a forum. That's not needed on this site, why do you think you need to help others to post comments anonymously? As ip adresses are logged it is not fully anonymous anyway when you don't use a proxy server and you would have to generalize your browser id as well. Btw. i am against banning users.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  That's correct, he did mostlikely not know about this site. But i don't see a reason why somebody would need it for phoronix. That site is usefull when you have to register already just for driver downloads or to READ a forum. That's not needed on this site, why do you think you need to help others to post comments anonymously? As ip adresses are logged it is not fully anonymous anyway when you don't use a proxy server and you would have to generalize your browser id as well. Btw. i am against banning users.
                  For me, it's more about convenience than being anonymous.
                  Sorry, I am seriously sick and tired giving every single site my E-Mail address, be it a fake spam-eating E-Mail account or not.

I do acknowledge that everyone uses this E-Mail system to filter out spambots etc., but still, it is an inconvenience.

I actually liked Qaridariums posts.
                  He is helpful, he rants a bit here and there, and other times his posts are humerous, intentional or not.

Being a former Forum Admin, I can say that banning a user is pretty much useless.
                  If they really want to come back, they will.

You should only ever ban bots and users that post illegal content, after issuing warnings, of course. (but not to bots, that is.)

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                    It is your fault that you posted it here. Otherwise Qaridarium would have never gotten the idea.

Anyway the password is changed now. Sorry to the other users, but Qaridarium already said he was going to use this account to write on phoronix in the future.
                    No, its your fault posting the account free. Its enough for your IP permban, because you violate the rules.

Also, bugmenot is quite illegal, if you want 1-way account there are 1-way email providers. You still fingerprint yourself with your IP (or that of your proxy) and as such the site owner has the power to prevent you the access if you are spamming. Bugmenot method removes this and I seriously wonder why a spammer haven't found your credentials yet, let alone Qaridarium.

By the way, where is he precisely offending people? And which people, isn't that the people which simply lie?

Comment

Working...
                    X