No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed that more and more now classic games are being sold that use DOSBOX to run them- is it possible to get a Linux version for those types of games?

Comment

• Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
      I've noticed that more and more now classic games are being sold that use DOSBOX to run them- is it possible to get a Linux version for those types of games?
      Most of those companies probably don't have the source code anymore. The ones that do, might be compelled to release as open source. Otherwise, you could get them to release customized DOSBOX for Linux to make those classic games available to Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by King InuYasha View Post
        Most of those companies probably don't have the source code anymore. The ones that do, might be compelled to release as open source. Otherwise, you could get them to release customized DOSBOX for Linux to make those classic games available to Linux.
        While I'd prefer that they open-source them if possible, I'd be perfectly happy if they used your second idea of having a DOSBOX Linux build+the game.

Maybe they could even just have the game with a note on any non-default settings DOSBOX is using, and assign that a separate SKU for Linux.

Comment

• As an announcement, the list has been updated...

Another game deal has been closed- the documents for Cortex Command have now been actioned and I'm waiting to hear back from DataRealms to get access to the codebase and get started. I'm rattling Paradox' cage over the next couple of weeks to see if they're going to step up to the plate and let me and RobbieAB do what they said they'd let us do, and failing that, I'll at least try to get For The Glory to allow me access through the 3rd party NDA agreement path so we can at least get that one going.

Next up, talking with the studios and publishers associated with the looking into list to see what's the next one I can rattle out of the tree.

Comment

• Wohoo! Cortex Command seems like a great game, already looking forward to it!

Comment

• Looks rather interesting indeed.

Comment

• omg omg omg

i cant wait

Comment

• +1 on FTG, hope we get it!

Comment

• Maybe "Ankh 3" would be an option too. It looks like Rune-Soft doesn't plan to release any linux ports in the future so far.

I just want to know how the story goes on. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      As an announcement, the list has been updated...

Another game deal has been closed- the documents for Cortex Command have now been actioned and I'm waiting to hear back from DataRealms to get access to the codebase and get started. I'm rattling Paradox' cage over the next couple of weeks to see if they're going to step up to the plate and let me and RobbieAB do what they said they'd let us do, and failing that, I'll at least try to get For The Glory to allow me access through the 3rd party NDA agreement path so we can at least get that one going.

Next up, talking with the studios and publishers associated with the looking into list to see what's the next one I can rattle out of the tree.
                      Is the paradox deal only for that europe game, or can it apply to other games by them? I'd like to see Hearts of Iron III ported to linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X