LGP To Start Work On Another Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    (PS A Falcon 4 port to linux, despite being a 10 year old sim, would be far more profitable for LPG and it's a game that really has no substitute in windows let alone linux)
    I wish that would be doable, deanjo- really, I would. I'd do my best to jam a remix of that one specifically for Linux out the door. The problem would be that if we COULD find the rights holder, I doubt they'd be reasonable on royalties to make it happen. If you can find me the rights holder and I can make him allow it to happen, I'd knock it out for you just because of what I said- because it'd be a Linux SKU to point people to to help fix the problem.

Wanna step up to the plate? I can't do it on my own because MY plate's a bit full with things including a full-time job above and beyond the LGP stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      I wish that would be doable, deanjo- really, I would. I'd do my best to jam a remix of that one specifically for Linux out the door. The problem would be that if we COULD find the rights holder, I doubt they'd be reasonable on royalties to make it happen. If you can find me the rights holder and I can make him allow it to happen, I'd knock it out for you just because of what I said- because it'd be a Linux SKU to point people to to help fix the problem.

Wanna step up to the plate? I can't do it on my own because MY plate's a bit full with things including a full-time job above and beyond the LGP stuff.
      Lead Pursuit, Inc.
      1739 S.W. Loop 410
      Suite # 804-117
      San Antonio, TX 78227
      USA
      Tel / Fax: + 1 512 275 3808

Comment

Lead Pursuit, Inc.
        1739 S.W. Loop 410
        Suite # 804-117
        San Antonio, TX 78227
        USA
        Tel / Fax: + 1 512 275 3808

My, oh my... I'm impressed. And they're relatively local to me. I'll check into it then. Thanks for the lead, deanjo. Honest.

[edit]

This is even more funny... Their publisher is in town. No promises...but I'll check into this shortly and get word back on the forums about what their take is on at least a Linux version out of them.
        Last edited by Svartalf; 07 May 2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          My, oh my... I'm impressed. And they're relatively local to me. I'll check into it then. Thanks for the lead, deanjo. Honest.

[edit]

This is even more funny... Their publisher is in town. No promises...but I'll check into this shortly and get word back on the forums about what their take is on at least a Linux version out of them.
          Not expecting a promise, just thought they would be a good candidate since they allowed the modding community to update the game under NDA.

Comment

Not expecting a promise, just thought they would be a good candidate since they allowed the modding community to update the game under NDA.
            I caught that. I'm a bit busy today (and their comment code's busted...) so I'll have to bang out a formal letter to them from Earl Consulting Services (I'm not about to commit Michael Simms to things without his say-so... ) and see what they have to say.

Comment

Any game being made for linux is a win in my eyes, more so if it's an RPG 'cause RPG > *

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                Any game being made for linux is a win in my eyes, more so if it's an RPG 'cause RPG > *
                I still shed a tear everytime I think of the Ultima series being dead.......

Comment

I still shed a tear everytime I think of the Ultima series being dead.......
                  Considering who owns the brand for it now I think it's better of dead sadly. Personally it was Baldurs Gate and Planescape that got me in to RPG's, I've most have waste hundreds of hours on each.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    Considering who owns the brand for it now I think it's better of dead sadly. Personally it was Baldurs Gate and Planescape that got me in to RPG's, I've most have waste hundreds of hours on each.
                    Heh, I know EA has butchered alot of games in the past but they also have had some successes. EA Sports games for example hold up well, the C&C series is alive and well, not to mention the Sims.

My first RPG was akalabeth (precursor to Ultima 1) and played all though out the entire series. Lands of Lore was another and then Planescape and onto NWN. (Dungeon Siege wasn't bad also, A LOT better then the movie).

Comment

I could only imagine the possibilities of what the infinity engine could be made to do.

(PS A Falcon 4 port to linux, despite being a 10 year old sim, would be far more profitable for LPG and it's a game that really has no substitute in windows let alone linux)
                      thats an awesome idea - I would definitely consider picking up a copy if the port was done
                      Last edited by hmmm; 08 May 2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X