Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Hell ya... need the cuss pack with it as well.
    Do ya think I'd fergit it? Nawww... Need the cuss pack. Wouldn't be the same game for the 17+ age group- without it, it's just not as funny.

Comment

• OK, in the spirit of keeping the spirits high , here I present you with my new proposals:

- Mount & Blade

This one seems interesting, since it's being published by Paradox AFAIK, and they arent hostile to linux.

- Disciples 3

made by .dat media and published by strategy first, which also publishes jack keane, which if im correct is available for linux, or will be, im not sure.

- Sacred 2

Made by Ascaron, published by Akella. From the same developers of Call of Juarez, I'd like to see that game ported to linux as well.

- Velvet Assasin

Upcoming first person game by german developer Replay Studios, dont know their attitude towards linux.

Comment

• BTW, I think this thread should be stickied.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          OK, in the spirit of keeping the spirits high , here I present you with my new proposals:

- Mount & Blade

This one seems interesting, since it's being published by Paradox AFAIK, and they arent hostile to linux.
          Yeah, they're the publishers from what I understand. Added to the "Maybe" list for now- need to see what comes of the Paradox dealings.

- Disciples 3

made by .dat media and published by strategy first, which also publishes jack keane, which if im correct is available for linux, or will be, im not sure.
          Disciples 2 for Linux is an LGP project. I may even be trying my hand at seeing if I can salvage it for Michael Simms here after a bit if he'll let me work on it a while after I finish putting the wraps on the sound issues left in Bandits. Disciples 3 would be a possible deal with LGP (or at least a subject of discussion...) if that title gets out the door and does at least break-even or better on sales. As a result of the aforementioned situation, because of contractual reasons, this one's effectively a "dead" title. I can't work on it unless LGP gets the deal or I clean walk away from LGP. The first is possible, the second is unlikely.

- Sacred 2

Made by Ascaron, published by Akella. From the same developers of Call of Juarez, I'd like to see that game ported to linux as well.
          Here's a hint: BUY Sacred. If it sells even so-so, compared to what has already come before, LGP pretty much has the deal sewn up on Sacred 2 and should get the thing out the door in decent time. But...only if they do somewhat better than break-even on the original. Can't discuss this one further for the same reasons as Disciples 3, sorry. Moreover, I don't think anyone should be doing the legwork on that one because the deal's intrinsically there for LGP if things work out okay for Sacred.

Call of Juarez... I'll check into it.

- Velvet Assasin

Upcoming first person game by german developer Replay Studios, dont know their attitude towards linux.
          I'll check into it and see what I can dredge up.

Comment

• Now that you mention Akella, I wonder how viable is it to talk them into licensing out the Seadogs game series. Pirate sim on Linux is going to be a rare gem.

Comment

BTW, I think this thread should be stickied.
              Seconded...

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                Now that you mention Akella, I wonder how viable is it to talk them into licensing out the Seadogs game series. Pirate sim on Linux is going to be a rare gem.
                I'll do some checking. Added tentatively to the "maybe" list.

Comment

• Here's another maybe to add, Svartalf.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                    Here's another maybe to add, Svartalf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avernum_series
                    Funny you mention the Avernum games, several pages ago i proposed one of the early of the Avernum games, Blades of Exile. The source code of that game is even available as GPL.

Comment

Funny you mention the Avernum games, several pages ago i proposed one of the early of the Avernum games, Blades of Exile. The source code of that game is even available as GPL.
                      I was thinking of posting the entire portfolio of Spiderweb, actually but I got lazy.

Boy if you have 50+ pages to sift through, I don't think I'd get around to posting anything new for weeks.

Thinking of obscure companies perhaps not Linux hostile, I wonder if we can coax Capcom to license out Resident Evil 4 on Linux. hahaha. Oh? Not funny? Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X