• I do not write well in English, but I hope you are able to understand that:
    Chrome != Chrome OS
    Firefox != Firefox OS

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
      Orly?

hxxp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_OS
      hxxp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_OS
      I do not write well in English, but I hope you are able to understand that:
      Chrome != Chrome OS
      Firefox != Firefox OS

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudit View Post
        GTK and QT will run natively on Mir just as .NET applications run on mono.
        MIR-QT and MIR-GTK = YACD (Yet Another Canonical Deviation).
        No one at Digia or at GTK team is planning to support MIR.
        They both support Windows, which is completely proprietary, patented and closed source, so I don't see why they would refuse patches for Mir.

Comment

I do not write well in English, but I hope you are able to understand that:
          Chrome != Chrome OS
          Firefox != Firefox OS
          Chrome OS is a Linux that boots to Chrome.

Firefox OS is a Linux that boots to Firefox.

Both feature the web browser as the central ui and app runtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by stqn View Post
            (About Debian Sid/Unstable)

That?s interesting, makes sense. So if we want Debian Sid to be up to date, we have to make sure all the software can read configuration files from about 2 or 3 years before? That?s a long time :-/.
            A better mechanism would be to have a sane incremental mechanism for updating data schemas. It's not magic, even the Rails guys figured it out. But I don't blame Xfce, like I said it's an understaffed project and it's actually a good desktop.

Comment

GTK and QT will run natively on Mir just as .NET applications run on mono.
              MIR-QT and MIR-GTK = YACD (Yet Another Canonical Deviation).
              No one at Digia or at GTK team is planning to support MIR.
              what is this "Mir" thing you're talking about i only know of a Vaporware called Mir

Comment

• Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Yes it is. Re-read the article:
                I suggest you re-read. You should read the rest of it too, and not just that sentence. Pulling sentences out of context always screws up the message.

1st read: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQyMTA
                2nd read: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQyMTU

It could also help to have a less selfish attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                  That's not how sampling statistics work. You can have a significant difference of less than 5%. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error
                  Well, that's true. For Ubuntu it's ?3.43%, and for Fedora it's ?3.41% at this point. Still nowhere a significant difference. Even if we take the total population into account, it would be ?3.41% and ?3.41% ?3.39% respectively at this point. The current difference is 0.34%...

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                    How many times are you going to Post these stupid facebook Likes and Google Trends is even more a Joke i can post some stupid shit too
                    ohh look what do we have here damn

Linux 13.6 %
                    Ubuntu 1.7 %
                    Suse 0.2 %
                    Red Hat 0.4 %
                    Fedora 0.3 %
                    Debian 0.1 %
                    Centos 0.3 %
                    Google Android 0.5 %
                    GNU Linux (Unknown or unspecified distribution) 9.7 %

But but FaceBook has the most Likes....
                    BTW I think you posted the wrong data above - your figures show Ubuntu being 8x more popular than Suse, 5x more popular than Fedora, 17x more popular than Debian, and 3x more popular than Android....

Comment

• Originally posted by Belial View Post
                      How come no one felt this way about gtk and gnome when they were first released?
                      Oh I did! And my predictions were spot on. The similarities with De Icazas' startup of GNOME and Canonical now are just stunning. Both use absolutely bogus arguments for doing what they are doing. All that ever will be achieved is fragmenting and slowdown of FLOSS progress. I do not mind forking og starting new projects, but when they are based on bogus arguments, then you just know that the motivation is not to support FLOSS.

Comment

Working...
                      X