NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post

That's true, I think having an NVIDIA notebook would likely work out better on some things. Not with open source drivers, still.
    People can use open or closed drivers as much as they want, non of my concern, my concern is when they say I shouldn't use either one.
    You are just brain-death just buy a Intel hd4000 graphic or haswell Intel hd5000 graphic based notebook with 512bit ram interface next time and all your problems are fixed.

All your problems with closed vs open driver are just based on your wrong "nivida" hardware decision.

Sad? SAD FOR YOUUU!! (few may get it)
    To be the one who let smart people lost there hope for human race is not so funny may think.

As for the rest, I either don't make much sense of it or there's no point in answering anymore. If you want, count it as a victory for your "rhetorical battles" or whatever. I truly thought in the beginning you might want to talk on topic too, whatever. Truly I was wondering where you'd end up though.
    "I truly thought in the beginning "

No sorry and truly sorry for ruining your naive dream world nvidia victim(nvidia user).

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
      You are just brain-death just buy a Intel hd4000 graphic or haswell Intel hd5000 graphic based notebook with 512bit ram interface next time and all your problems are fixed.

All your problems with closed vs open driver are just based on your wrong "nivida" hardware decision.

To be the one who let smart people lost there hope for human race is not so funny may think.

"I truly thought in the beginning "

No sorry and truly sorry for ruining your naive dream world nvidia victim(nvidia user).

Still making stuff up? I'm not even an NVIDIA user, in fact I've said it more than one times, but whatever. Getting Intel is not enough to solve any problems I, nouveau or radeon may have ..

I may not be funny, but you certainly are.
      Keep derailing everything.
      Let's see .. How many arguments you really made on topic, other than that NVIDIA are nazis?
      Nah, why make any, you can just derail everything.

Ruin my dream? So I guess you'd such stuff that seriously? lol
      Do you know what a naive dream is? That NVIDIA/INTEL/AMD will open everything out of the blue. They need a darn good reason to do so, and I don't see them having a good enough right now.

So in the end would you be a troll, stupid or one of those elite free people who just want to be in an "elite minority"?
      So you'd want free software to be inaccessible to most then, makes sense. If not, think about how people would have more free software than what they have, and what moves would actually achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        Is it just me or is updating video drivers on Ubuntu a lot less annoying than on Windows? Sans maybe the fact that Windows doesn't require a reboot.

And on Windows they just leave the old driver versions hanging around.
        To install a new version of the NVIDIA drivers I had to run a few commands in a terminal to bring in a PPA (X Updates specifically) which had the updates. In Windows, you just download it straight from the NVIDIA web site and run the installer. The benefit of the repos is that once they're added, they're automatic (and you don't have to bother with manually checking for updates). The benefit of the Windows method is that everyone is experienced in downloading and installing files from their browser, so it's generally seen as more natural than the initial repo setup.

As for old drivers hanging around, not sure what you mean. Yes the installer does dump its files into C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver, but then again /var/cache/apt/archives holds all download NVIDIA packages so it's crud in any case.

Also, and perhaps most importantly... why the fuck do wars between users seem to only occur on Linux boards? Windows users don't fight amongst themselves, Mac users don't, so goddamnit why should we? We're all in this together, we're using a minority operating system - the least we could do is treat each other with a little respect and understand that there are many different users with different ideas on whether the GPL is important, whether propritary software is bad or not, and so on. That doesn't make us any better or worse than other users, and for all that it good, please understand that your opinion is not the "right" one. It's tearing this place apart.

FFS it's an operating system. The HATE some of you have for your fellow users is heart-breaking...

Comment

@Richard

I doubt this is the best place to expect a good conversation ..

Comment

@Richard

I doubt this is the best place to expect a good conversation ..
            So why the fuck are you two arguing with each other then? For fun? It's not a bad idea to just stop posting in response. Even if the other guy thinks he's "won". If he's an idiot, big deal. What's he gonna get, a cookie? You're never gonna meet him in the flesh anyway so he's hardly worth the keystrokes.

And another thing - why can I not expect this place to be a good place for conversation? Is it because some people can't act like adults? Or is it because the Linux community is too toxic to discuss controversial things. There's always the opportunity to make this place a friendly community of users, but then again it seems as if Michael doesn't give a shit about the state of his forums. If he got some more people to mod (if there are any mods, I can't tell anymore), maybe things would improve.

So quit with the rolleyes and act maturely. We desperately need more level-headed people here.

Comment

@Richard

Guess you're right. ^_^

The reason I said so is mostly, as you mentioned, the near complete lack of moderation.
              Even myself, I should have gotten some infractions till now.
              The lack of moderation has kinda resulted in a "culture" of trolling here it seems.

Comment

Heh, well at least you can see it. I've been idly reading Phoronix for a while but never posted because of the state of the forums. To be fair, anarchy is kind of the Linux way anyway, so one could argue it's true to the spirit of Linux that things remain unmoderated. But it only takes one idiot (asdx) to start posting flames without actually contributing something useful to the discussion, and then it all goes pear-shaped.

Ah well. I just had to get it off my chest. Back to being a reader, at least until/if Michael starts properly moderating. You may now resume your abuses gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                  whats wrong buddy? no I'm not ASDX thats for sure.
                  I never mentioned your name, did the shoe fit?

And what do you mean with "some kind of paranoid conspiracy theorist trolls out to get nvidia? Or" ?
                  I meant just what I wrote. I can recognize one when I see one.

why do you think such a bad stuff?
                  I don't know, maybe because of 6 pages with conspiracy theories and lunatic posts in a driver update thread?

and another question: why in hell do you read my stuff if you don't like it ?
                  Who said I read your posts? I just skim the first sentence in your posts and when I realize it's the same broken record I stop reading.

Comment

Working...
                  X