ASUS PB278Q WQHD LED PLS Professional Graphics Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
    Can you run the full 2560x1440 via HDMI on your laptop?
    Yes, on my Zenbook it's no issue.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Yes, on my Zenbook it's no issue.
      Is this because of Nvidia graphics? Could Intel do this? Or can you just check for hdmi 1.4?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
        Is this because of Nvidia graphics? Could Intel do this? Or can you just check for hdmi 1.4?
        As explained in the linked article from my new Zenbook, it's only Intel Iris Graphics, no NVIDIA.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

A lovely monitor

I bought one of these a year ago.

The high resolution over the usual 1920x monitors appealed to me but I didn't want to spend the earth and this looked the best deal. I paid about ?500 in the end which was a lot but I felt I was going to use it a lot and justified it on those grounds.
          I wanted to do a lot of photo editing and desired the large resolution but also play the odd game like x-plane now and then. I paired it to a Asus 660ti-OC and run with Ubuntu.
          I recently added a Chromecast to the spare HDMI port on the back and will consider a Roku Stick when they arrive next month and use it as an occasional TV.
          The monitor has never failed me, has excellent colour reproduction once tweaked a bit with software for my liking, and the built in hidden speakers are great for TV use.

The large base is a problem for me as it takes up such a lot of desk but I plan to replace with a vesa desk mount when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by baracca View Post
            My Asus 27" VS278Q, even in lowest brightness/contrast settings, when using full-screen black terminal windows, is a punch in my eyes. Too much light.
            Yeah, only VA displays (and OLED I guess, but they are non-existant at this point) have good black levels. But so far I have seen only one decent VA monitor, the Eizo Foris FG2421. But it?s expensive (500?) and only 1080p.

Comment

A lovely monitor

I bought one of these a year ago.

The high resolution over the usual 1920x monitors appealed to me but I didn't want to spend the earth and this looked the best deal. I paid about ?500 in the end which was a lot but I felt I was going to use it a lot and justified it on those grounds.
              I wanted to do a lot of photo editing and desired the large resolution but also play the odd game like x-plane now and then. I paired it to a Asus 660ti-OC and run with Ubuntu.
              I recently added a Chromecast to the spare HDMI port on the back and will consider a Roku Stick when they arrive next month and use it as an occasional TV.
              The monitor has never failed me, has excellent colour reproduction once tweaked a bit with software for my liking, and the built in hidden speakers are great for TV use.

The large base is a problem for me as it takes up such a lot of desk but I plan to replace with a vesa desk mount when I can.

Comment

Working...
              X