Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Beta Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Beta Released

It's arriving a day late but Steve Langasek has announced the release of the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Beta. This first major Ubuntu update of 2010 is codenamed "Lucid Lynx" and most Phoronix readers are already familiar with the new features and changes from all of our Lucid articles so we will spare you the details. Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and Mythbuntu have all reached a 10.04 Beta status too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has Canonical requested that Phoronix benchmark the Ubuntu 10.04 beta in addition to their recent request for Ubuntu 10.04 alpha benchmarking?

Comment

fglrx driver inside ?

I only found the version 8.660 of fglrx ? AMD did not releases some beta for Lucid yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by jery View Post
        I only found the version 8.660 of fglrx ? AMD did not releases some beta for Lucid yet ?
        Unfortunately, AMD hasn't released a compatible fglrx version to the public.

Comment

Buttons position?

Are the buttons still on the left-side?

Comment

They love OS X

Comment

Originally posted by jery View Post
              Good things come to those who wait

Catalyst 10.4 has just been uploaded to Lucid. Have fun

Comment

That boot splash screen is horrible. Can't say that I like the new theme either. I don't see my laptop encoding videos any time soon .

Comment

Installed and I am having problems with NVIDIA drivers (macbook pro 5.1 with 9400M chipset). The default driver works ok (but no 3D).

Also made some modifications for the new theme (sorry ubuntu, couldn't stand the window title orientation)!

Comment

Working...
                  X