Linus Torvalds Switches Back To KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    I've been using KDE since the 4.0 days and I haven't seen most of those (except the silly Phonon one - ug), but for quite awhile I had nepomuk crashes that prevented shutdown, when kmail 2/the new pim came out I had 100% cpu most of the time, and the one that annoys me most right now, every time I boot I get a file download dialog for the webpage I was on when I shutdown - also kwallet asking for permission to check my mail. I want to give kmail permanent permission to access that password but I don't think there's an option.
    Dont worry. The annoyance will go away if you hate other options even more. So go hate other desktops even linux desktops. Then your life will be great and you will cope with the crap KDE have been serving for 15 years.

Ps. If you cant come up with enough to hate just make something up. This is essential how it works. BONUS POINTS Phoronix might even report on stuff in a biased way so you really can wind it up. More clicks more hate; Everybody wins. Even Apple in the long run!
    Last edited by funkSTAR; 03 November 2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
      I've been using KDE since the 4.0 days and I haven't seen most of those (except the silly Phonon one - ug), but for quite awhile I had nepomuk crashes that prevented shutdown, when kmail 2/the new pim came out I had 100% cpu most of the time, and the one that annoys me most right now, every time I boot I get a file download dialog for the webpage I was on when I shutdown - also kwallet asking for permission to check my mail. I want to give kmail permanent permission to access that password but I don't think there's an option.
      Well, I don't like wallets, so both for Gnome and KDE I create them with blank password. IIRC KDE has the option "Allow Always" when asked to allow a program to access a wallet ... Don't what happens if you put a password ..

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Yeah. Humanity was doomed before this highly esteemed super feature was invented. Was life worth living in the times on non-wobbly? I think not. This is just soooooooo great. And Linus? Please dont underestimate the importance of him using it!!1 When he writes he is trying out some piece of software(and critizing it at the same time) then it is high impact like next weeks elections. I guess the world could start spin the opposite way around if Linus wrote it should on G+. Riiiiight

Well this should not stop the vocal minority of KDE SUPERUSER elitists to go total hyperbole and claim 2012 to be YOTLD spearheded by KDEs stinky pile of dungware.
      You just fail to understand the world breaking significance of wobbly windows little troll ..
      I think I see someone going hyperbole right here .. Super User(like power user I assume) elitists .. And wobbly windows?
      (Half serious, half joke)

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
        but honestly i do not care about memory consumption. i have memory to be used. i do care about cpu usage and power consumption.
        But RAM chips do consume power.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded211 View Post
          So God has smiled again upon us, KDE users.
          Torvalds is neither god nor even important. He owns the Linux trademark but other than that the success of Linux made Torvalds obsolete. Others do the coding (eg. Greg KH is way more important to Linux development), he is just the ranting public face.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            I give him 2 weeks before he switches to something else.
            Windows Explorer running on WINE, maybe? Wouldn't surprise me, Considering he bitches about rotatable widgets but praises wobbly windows,

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
              Dont worry. The annoyance will go away if you hate other options even more. So go hate other desktops even linux desktops. Then your life will be great and you will cope with the crap KDE have been serving for 15 years.

Ps. If you cant come up with enough to hate just make something up. This is essential how it works. BONUS POINTS Phoronix might even report on stuff in a biased way so you really can wind it up. More clicks more hate; Everybody wins. Even Apple in the long run!
              LOL funkSTAR is having a heart attack

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
                This just proves how wise and intelligent Linus is, just like all KDE users.
                Nope, it only proves the guy has no taste! Of course that shouldn't come as a surprise. Just look at how he dresses himself. He looks like a nerd!

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Can individual chips on the card or flip flops even be turned off?
                  RAM chips do .. Does RAM usage do though?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
                    Can individual chips on the card or flip flops even be turned off?
                    RAM chips do .. Does RAM usage do though?
                    Who cares. Damn tree huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      lol!

i really hope this is ment ironic.

Comment

Working...
                      X