Heroes of Newerth character display & Gallium r600g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Newerth character display & Gallium r600g

The characters and buildings in the game Heroes of Newerth don't display when using the git drm-radeon-testing kernel, git xorg (including mesa etc) and r600g. Everything else like the special effects and map draw fine. Could this be fixed near Monday December 13 2010 when HON 2.0 comes out?

The gallium driver definitely is more stable (no crashes) with todays pull than the old non-gallium driver.

Is this a regression? If so, were you able to bisect?

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      It's been like this for a while with r600g.

I don't know if it's gonna get fixed yet?

Makes this great linux game unplayable.

Comment

i second this

Comment

What we haven't heard yet (AFAIK) is whether this is a regression (it used to work on versions of the same driver but does not work now) or whether the game has never worked on r600g.

If the game works on 600c but not on 600g that is also useful info.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            What we haven't heard yet (AFAIK) is whether this is a regression (it used to work on versions of the same driver but does not work now) or whether the game has never worked on r600g.

I don't think it has ever worked on r600c or r600g.

I've been running xorg-edgers on ubuntu for couple months with an evergreen card. It hasn't worked since 3d was "officially" added to evergreen.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Yes it works on 600c, all settings maxed except for antialiasing and anistropic filtering in the latest xorg-git for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. But 600c is prone to crashing if there is a lot of action on the screen (like all 10 players executing their ultimates at the same time). Also, with texture filtering off, there is texture flashing on the introduction screen (the screen before you login).

r600g does not crash in xorg-git and there is no texture corruption.

I suggest all Mesa developers download the game (http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/download.php) and also game replays (http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com) for testing their drivers. Replays will allow you to view a full game.

The new character Myramon-something is all white with no textures.

Side note: if you use xorg-git don't recompile any version of QT yet (There is a reported bug preventing QT and KDE from compiling).

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                I have not tested r600g (Gallium) for long to know if it is a regression. And I don't know how to use git-bisect.

Comment

OK, so Jecos has an Evergreen board and is seeing HON not work with either 600c or 600g, but charlie is seeing 600c work. Charlie, which GPU are you using ? I'm guessing 6xx or 7xx rather than Evergreen ?

Thanks
                  Test signature

Comment

I have an HD3850=RV670 using xorg-git/mesa-git/etc (which I assume xorg-git is not equal to xorg-edgers?)

Comment

Working...
                    X