It's The End Of August, Qt 5.0 Beta Is Still Not Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Qt has quite a few people behind it working on it full time i think. And EFL also. Gtk according to this has only one.
    There are hundreds of developers working on upstream Qt fulltime employed by various different companies like Digia, Intel, KDAB and Accenture. You can't really compare it to GTK or ELF tough as it covers a lot more functionality (like glib, clutter, gtkwebkit...).
    Last edited by Teho; 25 August 2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

all i care about is wayland support. gtk is half ready. what's the status of qt?

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
        all i care about is wayland support. gtk is half ready. what's the status of qt?
        Wayland support in Qt has been ready for a while. It was one of the main things that the Lighthouse project was adressing.

Comment

If you care about Wayland support, you automatically care about Qt 5 because it's part of Qt 5.
          Next time before askin stupid questions just browse to Wayland's website, where an overview of toolkits supporting it is listed, or browse to Wikipedia.

Comment

Not sure what's all the rush about Qt5. Qt4 is working great.

It's the second or third time I read on phoronix that the beta is delayed.

Just report it when it's here. ( Qt isn't freakin E17 )

Comment

i read wayland's website every day. qt doesn't have complete support. I was asking about the level of completion.

Comment

i read wayland's website every day. qt doesn't have complete support. I was asking about the level of completion.
                The ?Known issues? section from http://wayland.freedesktop.org/qt5.html#heading_toc_j_3 only lists client-side decorations which ?have different effect on Wayland compositors?.
                Unless the page lies, this sounds rather complete to me and considering that client-side decorations are a really stupid idea to begin with, I'm not sure Qt even should fully implement this.

Comment

Working...
                X