X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Why is this topic still not locked? Somebody misplaced the lock-stick? :P
    Why should it be? Has the binaries been released? No. It's a ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. If you want threads like this locked you might want to try here:

Comment

• Originally posted by gilboa View Post
      while [ 1 ] ; do
      echo Buy the native version once it\'s released from a Linux store.
      done
      Honest question(s).. Who will sell Linux-native UT3? And since Epic is going to release Linux binaries seperately to run on the Windows version, that seems counter to the idea of being able to buy a Linux-native copy. If someone was going to sell a Linux-native version, wouldn't they say as such?

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Why should it be? Has the binaries been released? No. It's a ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. If you want threads like this locked you might want to try here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com
        This is what is most annoying about the whole thing , epic being so ignorant , not even saying sorry , just locking threads and telling people to go away

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Why is this topic still not locked? Somebody misplaced the lock-stick? :P
          I've been wondering that myself at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Honest question(s).. Who will sell Linux-native UT3? And since Epic is going to release Linux binaries seperately to run on the Windows version, that seems counter to the idea of being able to buy a Linux-native copy. If someone was going to sell a Linux-native version, wouldn't they say as such?
            I suspect the Linux-centric gaming online sales stores (Tux Games, ixSoft, etc...) will carry the Windows install SKU with a CD/DVD with the Linux binaries on it. It'll be the closest you're going to find for that sort of thing at this point in this whole ordeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              I suspect the Linux-centric gaming online sales stores (Tux Games, ixSoft, etc...) will carry the Windows install SKU with a CD/DVD with the Linux binaries on it. It'll be the closest you're going to find for that sort of thing at this point in this whole ordeal.
              /+1.

If it makes any difference, I usually buy games from tuxgames. (They usually ship the original CD/DVD + a separate Linux binary CD)

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Which begs the question, why arent linux games stores not incorporating the digital distribution service ? Shouldnt that make sense, since most linux users are used to downloading their linux distribution, drivers, etc? Wouldnt that increase their market share too?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  Which begs the question, why arent linux games stores not incorporating the digital distribution service ? Shouldnt that make sense, since most linux users are used to downloading their linux distribution, drivers, etc? Wouldnt that increase their market share too?
                  Uh... Not all titles are licensed for electronic distribution.

If you don't have the permission to publish in that specific format, you don't get to DO it in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Uh... Not all titles are licensed for electronic distribution.

If you don't have the permission to publish in that specific format, you don't get to DO it in the first place.
                    But all unreal tournament games, including UT3, are now being offered as digital downloads in Stardock's Impulse service, which in my opinion, is much better than steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                      But all unreal tournament games, including UT3, are now being offered as digital downloads in Stardock's Impulse service, which in my opinion, is much better than steam.
                      I believe the entire UT series is available as well on steam now as well.

EDIT: Yup it is. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/

Comment

Working...
                      X